What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Thank you!

1 Like

It took me eons to get into the habit of using freezer tape on containers to label them, but I’m so glad I did. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet applied that habit to random sausages. I’ve got a few , individual mystery links floating around in there. Omelettes anyone? :thinking:

4 Likes

Masking tape and a Sharpie are my good friends when I feed my freezer. Labels ALWAYS go on before they go in the freezer. Only rarely does one fall off a foil-wrapped package so I have to guess by the shape. :smile:

4 Likes

Simple app before last night’s baked stuffed chicken breast (no pics of that): ricotta and hot honey with cracked pepper. Yeah, you need this in your life.

28 Likes

Southern Style Korean Short Ribs from Mozza at Home.

These were okay. I prefer LA Kabli ribs to be marinated in a Korean marinade and then grilled. Which makes sense since I am Korean. I thought these were too vinegar forward. WAY. TOO. VINEGAR. FORWARD. Spouse said they weren’t bad. But we both agreed that American BBQ needs a different type of rib meat and much less vinegar.

18 Likes

One of my snack favorites. Such a great combo. Hot honey elevates everything it touches.

2 Likes

Mussels with saffron & tomatoes. And a lot of butter.

IMG_1622

Fancy salad with flowers and pea shoots (and regular salad stuff).

IMG_1620

20 Likes

Based on your description they look a lot better than they tasted! Good job on the preparation I just just tweak the recipe a bit next time.

1 Like

I nearly commented that they “look good” until I realized that the image was just in my mind! :drooling_face:

1 Like

I will tweak it because I’ve never used kiwi in a marinade before. I normally use Asian pears or apples or pineapples. But I LOVE kiwis and they aren’t as sweet and yet help break down the protein just like some of the other fruits I use.

4 Likes

oh baby…

omg i love galbi too, but those look awesome.

1 Like

I am usually pretty good at labeling but not always. Like @MunchkinRedux, I’m not good about labeling little bits of leftovers. And I always swear I’ll be able to tell the zhug from the pesto when I put them in the freezer but never can. Unfortunately they are not often interchangeable.

3 Likes

Last night I had TJ’s quinoa dolmas to start followed by a beany concoction: white beans, spicy chunky marinara sauce, smoked paprika, and baby kale. Amped up the sauce with bay leaves, halved onion, etc. Topped with cubed Greek feta and served with ww pita. Pretty good for an easy dump meal. I blame @gcaggiano for the Greek-ish craving.

25 Likes

We were supposed to dine out at a nice restaurant tonight but Mother Nature had other plans :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: On to plan B; Mrs. P’s famous Andouille sausage pizza with leftover country ribs. I had already decanted an excellent Chateauneuf Du Pape which didn’t go to waste :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Apologies, what is TPSTOB?

3 Likes

Ribeye (from FarmBoy) with Joe Beef’s Butcher Blend (my favourite Mtl Steak Spice) and a Waldorf.

17 Likes

An acronym coined by @mariacarmen for my frequent use of “The Proverbial Shit Ton Of Butter”. Let’s just say I like a lot of butter on my baked potato. So the acronym is MUCH easier to write than all of the words.

9 Likes

Busy errand day in the rain and wind. Might actually get a new half bath soon, depending on my BIL’s upcoming work schedule! That’ll be nice not having to go up to the 3rd floor every time. :wink: And since he won’t take payment for the work, I’ll feed their freezer. So my sister makes out as well.

We’re near the end of stew season, but my sister perked up when I suggested a batch of Pork, Sweet Potato, and Apple Cider Stew, as it’s one of my favorites and freezes well. And it clears out almost all of the unpasteurized apple cider in my downstairs freezer.

So during today’s rain, wind, and blowing snow, a stew was made, and served on mini lasagna noodles since I didn’t have enough egg noodles.

There was wine.

24 Likes

Could you share your recipe for your stew? I might possibly be able to get back into my spouse’s good graces with that (we’re having a bit of a cold spell at the moment, unrelated to the weather)…

As an aside, we haven’t been able to find egg noodles anywhere for a few weeks on the outer Cape.

7 Likes