What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Bangers and mash with onion gravy and peas. Salad of mixed greens, tomato, avocado, mushroom, red onion with ranch dressing. Hard cider to drink.

I invented a new cocktail (I think). Tequila, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice and topped up with tonic. A slice of blood orange. Very good. It needs a name.

22 Likes

Stromboli v. 2.0.

The remaining portion of dough from last week’s bake. This time, I remembered to include the salami along with ham, mozz and provolone. Yay me. Choice of homemade condi: 1000 Island or marinara. Garden greens on the side.

The dough held up great in the freezer. I love the recipe - so easy, and fun.

Bonus photo of part of our cold-smoke project today: nine pounds of steelhead trout in all. Always delicious, although the belly-flaps will be a treat for DH. I find them a little too rich.

24 Likes

I love doing that too!
Taco’s on the menu again. I have found another “sister”.

1 Like

I’ll give it some thought. If I think of a clever name then I’ll post it.
Nice photo you are making me thirsty!

1 Like

When my youngest and her fiancé came up for the baby shower of the now born grand baby we had lunch at an Afghan restaurant and ordered a couple of appetizers. Our favorite was the pumpkin borani (have seen multiple spellings online). I tried this one tonight. It was good but I think the restaurant may have done it all stovetop as it held together better. Still tasty! Oh and with a butternut squash.

Hummus from canned chickpeas with pita on the side.

18 Likes

haddock

Baked haddock over wild spinach and oyster mushrooms. Cole slaw.

I love haddock! I didn’t know until today. What a nice fish.

20 Likes

@BeefeaterRocks
Ok so this is my suggestion.:

What about Sailor’s Delight?

It reminds me of watching the sunset and choosing whether it was a good day to go boating the next day. Sounds like it might be the perfect name for your cocktail.

From the internet:

When I was a child I was told the saying “Pink sky at night , sailors delight; Pink sky in morning, sailors warning”. This means that if there is pink sky at night there will be good weather tomorrow. But, if there is pink sky in the morning there will be bad weather the same day. This quote originally came from biblical content.”

4 Likes

Simple Pasta Frittata with roasted red pepper, Italian sausage, parsley and parmesan

20 Likes

I’ve posted the April thread here:

2 Likes

Posting late for March because that’s my life.

Dinner a few days ago:

Papdi-ish chaat made w/ TJ beet crisps. Standard toppings (boiled potato, chickpeas, diced onion and tomato, chopped cilantro, pom arils). Usual chutneys: green (store bought), tamarind (homemade), whisked yogurt, Haldiram’s aloof bhujiya as the final flourish.

Diced fruit salad: strawberries, mango, apple, w/finely chopped mint (first of this season), grated ginger, a few drops of honey.

Family liked this, so I declare victory and run!

19 Likes

Again in March, 'twas DH turn to make dinner.
As a person who likes to follow recipes exactly, he appreciates the 660 Curries cookbook that always yields great results for him.

Rice, kadala curry (South Indian black chickpeas) and kundru (ivy gourd) w/ potatoes.

I just love doing minimal sous chef work, then just showing up for delicious food :slight_smile:

16 Likes

That is a lovely name but my drink is purple. You should invent a pink drink to go with it. I found a Patron Pomegranate and a Pomegranate Paloma that are similar, so I decided to call my drink El Púrpura Paloma.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

@BeefeaterRocks
The sunlight makes it deceiving surely it look more red deep pink?
Either that or I’m colour blind and just realizing it now !

It does look red doesn’t it, definitely not pink. In the house it looks redish purple.

1 Like

Yesterday a quick dinner, A4 Wagyu, cabbage with kewpie mayo dressing, cucumber in ponzu sauce.

15 Likes

Nice to see you again @naf !

2 Likes

Used to be more active in WFD but with my repetitive posts with more or less same dishes, I got a bit bored! Also, I’ve to admit it’s a bliss to just cook and eat (forget about the photos).

8 Likes

Super idea. I need to try this.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022