What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Yeah, tacos are my jam.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I love the way the house smells when I roast chicken!

1 Like

Me too! I put it in and then had two conference calls while smelling it. Sort of mellowed me out.

3 Likes

Aromatherapy!

3 Likes

This just in - GNUDI/GNOCCHI is our DOTQ for Spring! GNUDI/GNOCCHI - Spring 2022 (Apr-Jun) Dish of the Quarter

8 Likes

Our Cuisine of the Quarter is also live - UKRAINIAN was our big winner! UKRAINIAN - Spring 2022 (Apr-Jun) Cuisine of the Quarter

5 Likes

СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ !
:sunflower::sunflower::ukraine::ukraine::ukraine::sunflower: :sunflower:
Glory to Ukraine !

2 Likes

@MunchkinRedux
I made the Grace Young recipe, but I substituted spinach for the peas, because I had spinach at home and didn’t have peas. It was very good. My wife loved it. But she always loves scrambled eggs.

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner was leek with a vinaigrette sauce (I didn’t blend the dijon with the sauce well enough hence the lumps) and fettuccine with an arrabiata sauce.

16 Likes

Nothing “ubiquitous” about sweet and sour dressing! I never thought of shredding the eggs. I make a spinach salad that also includes sliced mushrooms with the egg and bacon. I warm poppyseed dressing for it. Haven’t had Chicken Kyiv for a very long time. Your meal makes me drool!!

Nice idea to use spinach - I’ll have to try that some time. I love the combination of eggs, spinach and rice in just about any form.

Beet, pea, feta & dill frittata tonight.

20 Likes

I usually make it for spinach salad but I didn’t have any, and I also like to add mushrooms sometimes. Glad I made you drool.

2 Likes

Bacon wrapped sausages for Supper this evening.
From April’s Cookbook of the Month Simple Thai food:
Sweet Potato Fritters with Peanut-Sweet Chile
Sauce

20 Likes

These are beautiful. What a gift to use them for food prep

Yesterday 2 store bough pie crusts, leftover chopped roast chicken and chopped root veg and newly made gravy = pot pie. One of the root veg was beets, and the entire filling, plus gravy, was pink. Pink pot pie. Have you had pink pot pie? Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book. It was tasty.

Today is a communal for 3 diners vegetarian bibimbap. Here are the toppings (minus egg and gojujang) while the rice is cooking.

19 Likes

On this final day of March, an actual dinner: Roasted sweet and regular potatoes with lots of harissa. And snow peas with shiitake, scallions, and black bean paste. Not shown, roasted chicken thighs marinated in a preserved lemon vinaigrette

21 Likes

Tonight I made shrimp egg foo young, kimchi roasted Brussels, peanut cucumbers, and sugar snaps with sweet soy and black vinegar.

23 Likes

Wow! That’s so colorful. Puts my frittata to shame…ours was with leftover roasted Italian sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes. A side of marinara to brighten it up

19 Likes

Looks tasty!!

I didn’t have the time or energy for this Guardian recipe (their image, not mine)

Based mine on this:

11 Likes