What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Pearl barley, butternut squash, mushrooms, broth, apple cider vinegar and a hint if cinnamons - more of a fall dish but the temperature last night was below 5C - that counts as a cold wave in SF

16 Likes

Damn - that looks yummy.

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
don’t worry, you’ll get there!

looks grand!

1 Like

see? look at that fatty goodness!

1 Like

oh that stew! drooling…

Time for COTQ nominations - here’s the thread! Spring 2022 (Apr-June) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

2 Likes

Oh, my bad. Now I see the pan. What a tasty meal.

1 Like

So many delicious sounding dinners! The photos are inspiring every day. Must up my dinner game.

Unfortunately, it didn’t sit well with me. I was awakened at 1 a.m. with some “issues”. :frowning:

Thanks

Such creativity, wow! :star_struck:

1 Like

We enjoyed a fabulous wine dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ. The chef was gracious enough to let us bring our own wines.

12 Likes

So sorry to hear that Linda, I hope it’s only the eggs not sitting right.
My husband is happy with cereal for Supper, not me. I prefer either an Appetizer of sorts or something cooked - eggs are quick, versatile and there’s something amazing about a runny egg on pasta.

2 Likes

Tonight my husband and I weren’t very hungry so I decided to make Ina Garten’s appetizer with fig preserves, goat cheese, fresh figs drizzled with Balsamic vinegar (IG tops it with a bit of microgreens which I’ve omitted) served on a Calabrese style baguettes (this also is good on lightly toasted potato bread or light rye if you prefer also lightly toasted). Recipe from Modern Comfort Food.
P.S.
The boys enjoyed whatever leftovers they could find in the fridge. This is my kind of Supper easy peasy.

18 Likes

Long week.
A very long week.
But I will have 1, if not 2, new thrones in my half and full bathrooms tomorrow, depending on how long demo takes in the half bath by my BIL. There might be no vanity, there might be no sink, there might be no new lighting, and it might still need to be painted, but there should be a new throne and new flooring.
So yeah. There’s that.

Made an easy dinner: thin-cut pork chop with Mike’s Hot Honey and bourbon-glazed mushrooms, with steamed asparagus alongside.

No starch, but oh yes. There was wine.

Oh…and the new paint color is in keeping with my tendency to mostly use food-named colors: Smoked Oyster. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

27 Likes

Sort of a Kakavia tonight , with less broth, using cod and haddock. Salmon on the side.

21 Likes

Philly cheesesteaks. Sweated onions, strip steak grilled rare

Provolone mixed into the mess just before serving, DH fills his roll with molten yum…

25 Likes

jambalaya redux for a Friday night, with a green salad with HBE and Marie’s Blue Cheese dressing. Happy Friday!

21 Likes

Now Im going to have to make jambalaya soon that looks so good!

The main reason I cook corned beef. Reubens. And pickles. And beer.

The cocktail was Highclere Castle gin on the rocks. (Yes it is the Downton Abby castle) As with any new gin I tried it on the rocks first. It is frighteningly smooth, but it is only 87 proof so throw caution to the wind. To me it has a slight minty taste, maybe the lime flower listed as a botanical?

25 Likes