What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

French fries

21 Likes

Congratulations to all!

6 Likes

Well, looks like I can learn something new every day!

4 Likes

Thank you! Your steak looks great! I have a couple of those on order from Snake River Farms that should be arriving soon. I love that cut!

Thank you!

1 Like

Made Buzhenina, a Ukrainian/Russian - inspired pork shoulder roast with red wine, oregano, garlic and parsley .

20 Likes

Breakfast for dinner last night. Cherry tomatoes were discovered behind something and hastily thrown in the oven to roast and mushrooms had been taunting me from the fridge because I could not for the life of me remember what I bought them for. Leftover pork chop and duck egg.

21 Likes

Great to see you! Your screenname seems familiar.

That’s perfectly cooked in my book. Did you cut against the grain?

1 Like

OMG that pork :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Thank YOU!

@ChristinaM ; no. I should have cut across the grain, as I instructed everyone else eating to do, but forgot. Still quite good though.!

1 Like

More importantly the prerequisite MAYO & ketchup!! That my friend is the key!! (honestly I like to throw in equal parts sriachia too, give it a little kick!!

4 Likes

Last night was my wife’s request “Chicken Diane”, her actual request was steak Diane for me, chicken for her but I was fine with chicken too. This isn’t a “traditional” Diane, but it’s how my wife likes it so it’s Diane for us! Side of sauteed spinach and truffle parmigiana roasted potatoes. Delicious!

(hahahahahaha my pics suck!! I can’t believe how bad this looks in the pic…I swear it was good)

25 Likes

@EllenCooks, Congratulations! Its a very special time for you as you enter a new chapter of your life. :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Avocado/salsa/crema
IMG_1704
Pork schnitzel/fried dill pickle/mustard sauce/fried lettuce with balsamic
IMG_1705

22 Likes

Spicy Pork Stew w/ Butternut Squash and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa from Silverton’s Mozza at Home. All the pork stews made me want to make this again. This is the third time I’ve made this in as many months. It is so good. Smoky, sweet, spicy, tart, and just delicious. You are supposed to use collard greens. I had frozen turnip greens and used those instead. YUM.

17 Likes

@ pilgrim, Love Schnitzel pork veal it dosen’t matter…will have to make some soon your plates look very inviting.

2 Likes

waves I’m part of the Chowhound exodus. I was active(ish) on the Home Cooking and Boston boards.

9 Likes

beautiful plate of food!

1 Like

well that was a harrowing evening of not being able to access HO!! phew, and thanks to @sck for getting us back up and running.

dinner last night was a little belated Mardi Gras action: andouille and chicken jambalaya. BF was prep chef. I used tomato paste only, no diced canned tomatoes, as I saw recipes going both ways. I was happy with this result. Also used both Tony Chachere’s and cayenne, as well as a little Old Bay.

22 Likes