What's for Dinner #76 - the HO "Ho, Ho, Ho" Edition - December 2021

A few more December meals to catch up on:

Stuffed pork chop and veg, taco salad, homemade tomato soup, lasagne from the freezer with homemade pasta. The tomato soup was really good, can’t remember what recipe I used, but will post when found. Easy, and flavored with my sis-in-laws homegrown savory. Also added fines herbes - great flavorings for tomatoes.

14 Likes

And our favorite, Zante’s!

1 Like

Now THAT’S a NYE dinner to go out on in style!

2 Likes

Fantastic spread!

1 Like

Ugh so sorry on the positive test!

Hope your symptoms continue to be mild and pass quickly.

1 Like

Day 3 now (I think) and I’m just congested. The tickle in my throat and aches are gone.

8 Likes

Good to hear!

i’m going to take a rapid test tomorrow. we spent the last 3 days isolated but our airbnb host actually came into the house to fix something without a mask on, and then proceeded to tell me he and his family had just come back from a road trip to Texas and also that a neighbor just told him he had covid. He also said things were more “relaxed” in Texas, which we understood to mean not as stringent about covid protocols, no masking, etc. and he seemed to approve of that. ugh. people.

7 Likes

None of that surprises me. Good luck!

2 Likes

thanks!

i guess i’m spoiled by the San Francisco bubble we live in. most people here are masked everywhere.

you too!

6 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Same, people all around us are tested positive, luckily not much symptoms or nothing at all.

2 Likes

I overheard some older folk at a cafe today going on about Bobby Kennedy’s brilliance and how a recent visit to Florida, which has no mask mandate, was “a breath of fresh air.” Did my best not to guffaw - and got TF out of there.

6 Likes

Forgot to post the NYE dinner.

Scallop in citrus sauce. Mandarin, lime juice reduction with zest, yuzu butter, garlic, dill and Kampot red pepper. Scallops were cooked on the smoke grill.

Lobster was barbecued with seaweed and smoky salt butter, dill. We preferred undercooked, and still in “pearly” state, but this was the perfection for us

There was of course, champagne. Pierre Gerbais’ Grains de Celles. Matched well with the food.

13 Likes

Perfect!!

2 Likes

There are places on the South Shore (of MA) and RI that are like the Wild West. Defiantly unmasked folks.

1 Like

:frowning: i’m very happy to live in my bubble…

7 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: [French Food] Fish conserves

Well, we wear masks everywhere. I even considered taking up smoking. People who smoke don’t wear masks in the street.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recent trip to Paris

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #78 - The Hearts, Candy, Flowers & Slushy Snow Edition - February 2022