What's For Dinner #7 - March 2016. The Primavera Edition

WFD: ~ Spicy Honey-Garlic Chicken: runny honey, water, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, garlic, Tabasco, S & P, cornstarch, boneless chicken thighs, EVOO, scallions to garnish. Sliced blood oranges to serve. Since we have 2 lbs of chicken to cook G will use a large skillet instead of a wok so he doesn’t have to cook this in 2 batches.

~ Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Oyster Sauce: light soy sauce, oyster sauce, small pinch of sugar, sugar, Chinese rice vinegar, peanut oil, garlic, baby bok choy.

~ Steamed Basmati Rice.

2 Likes

Here, North of Boston in zone 6A tarragon is a perennial in my garden.

My sage has made it through two winters because it’s protected from the winds by a big shrub. The bad winds and super low humidity are the killers here.

Had a tooth extraction today, so dinner will be mushy. Perhaps TJ’s tomato/eggplant/onion thang nuked to a little above room temp, maybe with some feta sprinkled on top.

No booze or carbonated drinks for 2 weeks. FML.

Porque no???

Honestly not sure about the carbonated drink issue, but booze can affect the sutures negatively, dehydrates and is a blood thinner – nothing that would improve the healing process.

Booze inhibits clotting. To counteract that effect eat kale which is very high in vitamin K which promotes clotting

2 Likes

Ah, so I’ll just have to make myself some kale-scotch smoothies, or kale-tinis, you say?

Wunderbar.

3 Likes

Caldo Verde would be a nice dinner or lunch option. I ate a bunch of kale after having having a minor surgical incision for skin cancer. All I heard was how well it healed when sutures were removed

Minor is a relative term

Hmm. Maybe I will get some kale. I like it when it’s cooked to death, but that’ll probably affect the vitamin content, huh?

Because I ain’t standing around in the kitchen massaging my dinner for an hour :grin:

1 Like

Still pretty high in vitamin K

1 Like

Baby kale was a good ingredient in our breakfast egg tortilla roll ups

I’d forgotten to mention chicken livers in my earlier post. That, also, is readily available in the UK. However, I only buy organic or free range chicken and their livers are all but impossible to get.

Could juice it!

1 Like

Mint in my area is best in a pot or it will take over. Is it better behaved in your area?

Ewwwwwwwww.

It’s in a part of the small amount of lawn we have. We just mow it. It’s green after all :slight_smile:

I made big fat lamb meatballs with mint and ricotta last night, so leftovers were for dinner tonight. Tomato sauce counts as a vegetable, right?

ETA: meant to reply to the general thread, not that specific post…but it was mint related, so whatever! :smile:

1 Like

Salmon pan seared . Arugula and romaine salad . Small new potatoes boiled and smashed, tossed in butter .

1 Like