What's For Dinner #7 - March 2016. The Primavera Edition

Baby kale was a good ingredient in our breakfast egg tortilla roll ups

I’d forgotten to mention chicken livers in my earlier post. That, also, is readily available in the UK. However, I only buy organic or free range chicken and their livers are all but impossible to get.

Could juice it!

1 Like

Mint in my area is best in a pot or it will take over. Is it better behaved in your area?

Ewwwwwwwww.

It’s in a part of the small amount of lawn we have. We just mow it. It’s green after all :slight_smile:

I made big fat lamb meatballs with mint and ricotta last night, so leftovers were for dinner tonight. Tomato sauce counts as a vegetable, right?

ETA: meant to reply to the general thread, not that specific post…but it was mint related, so whatever! :smile:

1 Like

Salmon pan seared . Arugula and romaine salad . Small new potatoes boiled and smashed, tossed in butter .

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve been there myself… Squishy food is your friend for a while. Savory yogurt bowls and baked potatoes with TJs cuban black beans were on repeat for me.

I add kale to my green juice all the time- but definitely not yummy to drink just a glass of straight up kale juice…

1 Like

Stir fry with nappa cabbage, snow peas, tofu (that high protein trader joe’s stuff i love), garlic, mushrooms and green onion all with a good splash of Soy Vay. Side of miso soup with lots of seaweed and green onion.

2 Likes

Leftovers. Pulled a container of lamb tagine I had made for SuperBowl Sunday from the freezer. Made fresh white rice. Easy peasy

No, it’s a thug. I grow it in a large plastic pot sunk almost into the ground. Means it blends in to the other plants well and doesnt need watering. It’s set about 5cm proud of the soil level so it can’t escape.

Actually my thymes do better in pots as the soil is quite heavy clay.

I juice kale with equal part parsley, a small apple, beet and ginger. So good!

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #8 - the April Flowers Edition

Gio, I’m so excited! My tarragon lives!!! :slight_smile: I was out cutting some sage and rosemary and thought to take a look at the tarragon spot and, bless its little heart, it was alive. I left it to grow some more. Thanks for sharing your experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Minor surgery is surgery being performed on someone else.

2 Likes

Hold the mustard on mine please.

Yah, I cannot abide mustard on my burger either.

@Gio I’m going to fix this tonight. I tend to pull pork well before 145. What did you do? TIA.