What's for Dinner #43 - 03/2019 - the SMarch Edition

Lucky birthday boy!

Is it oyster on the first photo? Love the grilled meat and veggies.

1 Like

What a feast! Loved that beet dish!

1 Like

Sorry about that, hopefully those places will be replaced and not just left being empty.

1 Like

Holy MOLY that all looks amazing!

A very happy birthday to your DH!

2 Likes

Aha! I couldn’t remember who had recommended them- yeah, these are kind of The Ultimate Chip. Amazing!!

Yes, I mentioned them in the Trader Joe’s thread below. I’m glad you enjoyed them! They go great with guacamole.

No, unfortunately in this city they just build humongous ugly condos for techies to move into.

You better be careful. Your cravings are getting close to mine. Soon, you’ll be eating pickled okra and ice cream.

Tonight we are having beef pulao with chutney. I’ve had very poorly cut T-Bone steaks sitting in the freezer forever and didn’t know what else to do with them. (It’s like someone purposely cut them to have three different thicknesses in the same steak.) Kind of sad, but at least it tasted good.

3 Likes

Have y’all ever tried sesame blues? Ah-maz-ing!!

It’s not only that. The era of Mom and Pop stores has basically ended. It’s hard to compete against the giants. And if the children have other professions, the store closes when the parents have had enough.

2 Likes

Frankly I find this horrifying, depressing and ruinous … it takes my breath away ( melodramatic but true)

2 Likes

I am in complete agreement. But what can we do? If a store closes, it closes.

1 Like

Bought one for my nina….1 ++mil stupid on my part…but anything for my kids!!! At least they are putting to good use for the 6 figure education I paid for!!!

About to go into the oven for tomorrow…braise of short ribs with red wine, celery, green pepper, carrots, onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, EVOO.

9 Likes

Today is our anniversary so we ordered takeout from Don Pepe ll Seafood restaurant. We ordered twin stuffed lobsters with crabmeat, shrimp, and scallops, avocado stuffed with the same seafood, and antipasti. There were also some excellent crispy homemade chips that I didn’t take a picture of. Our friend had gifted us with a 2014 Winsdor Vineyards Napa red blend with a customized label made for them. They own a couple of horses if you are wondering about the meaning of the customized label.

16 Likes

WOW…love the selection of food…
And of course Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy the evening!

Thanks @PHREDDY ! I appreciate it.

Nothing especially newsworthy here…
Salad with cucumbers and olives and the rest of the carrot edamame salad from last night

Side of avocado with a little soy and spiced salt, so ripe i squished it a bit trying to twist it apart to get out the pit

7 Likes

Yes! With ceviche and some hot sauce in a squeeze dropper thingy. Good times. Will hang out again in Turkey this fall.

1 Like

Spaghetti. With Italian Sausage & fresh button mushrooms in red gravy. Hearty (Spring temps are not cooperating here in the upper midwest) and tasty.

13 Likes