What's for Dinner #37 - the School's Back! Sept '18 Edition

i never get why people buy pre-made guac, it’s so easy to make and always tastes better. i guess if you have your heart set on it and maybe couldn’t find any ripe avos, that would be a good reason…

2 Likes

Oh my, Naf! that is a plethora of outstanding meals!

1 Like

Happy Birthday to you :champagne:!

3 Likes

From Trastevere, Rome. Fresh pasta and fig gellato.

13 Likes

Thanks, ChristinaM!

1 Like

secret of a good crackly skin, please!

Lamb tacos were on the menu last night. Sliced up a couple leftover grilled loin chops from a few nights ago and toasted some corn tortillas. Accompaniments of avocado, diced tomato, sliced shishito peppers, cilantro along with tomatillo and tomato salsas

5 Likes

Many Happy Returns!..(60 IS the new 40!)

3 Likes

may there be many many many more to come!

2 Likes

Thanks all! I feel great! Heading to the city in an hour. Let the party begin😎

Enjoy HO’s

:guitar:Rooster

6 Likes

Snacky Indian dinner yesterday comprised of rare treats (for me) - started with vegetable fritters (bhajiya) and concluded with trotter (paaya) soup, I had forgotten how delicious that is - it’s a rare treat.

Fritters are pictures after most had been demolished piping hot - clockwise from the top: potato (sliced thin), cauliflower (small whole florets), onions (usually circular but we had sliced onions leftover so that’s what was used), and banana (which always grosses me out, so they are fried last so as not to “pollute” the batter :joy:

(And yes, I know I just said that trotters are delicious but banana fritters gross me out…)

10 Likes

Enjoy your birthday weekend!

Lovely! Enjoy your b-day! Have fun.

i ADORE lamb tacos… used to make lamb and scrambled egg bfast tacos…

3 Likes

B-fast Tacos…interesting idea with the lamb…I assume you can serve a little mint jelly with the taco? WOW…I am going to try this with some left over lamb…

no, typical Mexican prep, salsa, hot sauce, limes, cilantro, etc.

I mean, you COULD serve them with mint, but i wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Great idea with the zucchinis! Looks good.

1 Like

Nice! Happy Belated Birthday!

I’ve had a hankering for Moussaka lately- have yet to get an eggplant though.

Ugly chicken old-skool tacos with leftover pineapple cauli-jasmine rice

7 Likes