What's for Dinner #34 - June is Bustin' Out All Ovah! Edition - June '18

You’re lucky to get yellow corn. It is so hard to find corn on the cob here (Marin County/SF Bay Area) that isn’t white. I’ve pretty much given up finding it and am excited when I come across it.

3 Likes

Box of Near East rice pilaf and a bag of PF Changs chicken. Dolled up with green onion and Mae Ploy sweet Chile sauce . Chicken was gummy but tasty . I devoured it all . Wine to drink . :wine_glass:Cheers.

8 Likes

Tsukumi soba.

9 Likes

You have to eat a massive amount for a long period of time then maybe. Many cultures eat millet as a staple. I have read many articles about millet and thought they were mostly fear-mongering. I eat it once in a while so nothing to worry about. Besides, my thyroid health is super normal.

I love (ancient) grains, just not rice.

1 Like

I agree. But we still don’t buy it anymore. By the way, the first time I ever heard of millet was in an Akira Kurosawa film, The Seven Samurai, I think, when a man hands his wife a bowl of food and proudly tells her, It’s rice! Not millet!

Hey WFD folks - the voting thread for Cuisine of the Quarter is now live. Summer 2018 (July-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING
Cast your votes and let’s get cooking!

2 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

Burgers tonight with lettuce from the garden, tomatoes, ketchup, and mayo with sides of grilled yellow squash and COTC.

8 Likes

That’s funny because i feel like almost all the corn here is yellow. Why do you prefer the white corn? Oh, i see “bicolor” corn once in a while -whatever that means

Hot and sticky here. I ate while on the phone with my sister, so no photo. Salad of cucumber and lots of edamame, some corn, a few cherry tomatoes and the rest of the cornbread cake slice. Kombucha a la carte. Grapes are in the freezer for dessert.

3 Likes

Walking down an alleyway in Beijing, came across a Halal shop selling these samosa-type things filled with glass noodles, chives, and I’m guessing tofu. It was dinner.

11 Likes

I actually prefer yellow corn to white. The yellow tastes more like corn, and the white, to me, is too sweet. I’ll just have to continue my quest!

4 Likes

In Maryland, white reigns supreme. We even eat it raw in season. I always wanted to try yellow at the farmers market in a state where it’s the more popular variety.

Ravioli mold, where have you been all my life? So much more efficient than hand-crimping and cutting.

I purchased the dough from a local pasta shop. It’s a simple ricotta and parm filling with a hint of fresh garlic and an egg to bind.

14 Likes

Barbecue on the road to a lake in Alabama. We are meeting up with family and are taking on our share of cooking one dinner, two breakfasts, and one lunch for 12. Excited to hang and see everyone. Grilling is definitely on tap. And boxed wine…lol.

11 Likes

Dinner was decided while driving home after a visit with Mom - sauteed rosemary chicken and roasted broccoli pizza with a spicy Parma-Rosa sauce. Hell yeah - this was PERFECT for tonight (once I cranked up the A/C to counteract the oven set to 500° to cook the pizza). And oh yeah - there was wine.

(P.S. Route 495 North in the Route 3 area of northern MA on a Friday afternoon in the summer sucks the big one. Just sayin’.)

11 Likes

Middle American cuisine .love it.

Sounds like fun! And whatever that is covered in whipped cream… whoahza amazing.

More of the hot here. Savory yogurt bowl with greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, a little soy sauce , hemp seeds and some pickled ginger. Kombucha a la carte

More frozen grapes in my near future

7 Likes

Pretty sure it’s banana pudding. It’s almost always found at a bbq place in the south. Plus the vanilla wafer is usually a sign!

5 Likes