What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Couldn’t get out of NJ due to weather and last min plans. Headed home with a flight on Sunday in hand.

Dinner was breakfast burrito and coffee after a long day at EWR. No fun.

Evening all
R

2 Likes

I found them in the end of run bin. I actually nabbed the last shakshuka from where I was standing but there was plenty HR sauce left and a pork sauce under the same label that didn’t appeal.

1 Like

Soom tahini and silan on toasted EM. Outstanding.

6 Likes

Over the river and through the woods this morning to grandchildren’s house we go with a bag of bagels, cream cheese, butter, eggs, thick cut bacon and some sweet buns in our pj’s …shhhhh! it is a surprise…

9 Likes

Can you stop here? That sounds fund and delicious!

1 Like

18 posts were split to a new topic: Home Cured Salmon Experiments - ( Gravlax, “Smoked” Salmon, Lox, etc)

LOL!!! YES…of course…it would my pleasure!!!

1 Like

Maypo with sliced banana, hemp seed, flax ground and chia topping. Java and grapefruit segments.
Anyone Remember Maypo?

2 Likes

Yes … but I don’t remember ever having it, I do remember Wheatena though.

I still enjoy hot cereals including wheateena.

I want my Maypo!! Remember the commercials but never had it.

2 Likes

My brother loved Maypo when he was a kid. I thought it was gross!

2 Likes

More of guilty pleasure because it comes together in seconds when I don’t want to wait for oatmeal to cook. I can only find it in one grocer and the price has tripled in 50 yrs. :bowl_with_spoon:

Same, but sister

So do I with a dollop of butter and a dash of salt!

1 Like

Off to enjoy a birthday breakfast!

5 Likes

:tada: Good for you, Phreddy!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!! All the best.

2 Likes

Far from exciting but our run of the mill breakfast is 1/2 cup of dry roll oats with 1/2 cup of almond milk, a walnut and blueberries, eaten as a cold cereal. But on weekends we splurge a bit and yesterday I made a mushroom French omelet with two eggs. Just enough for two

1 Like

I got a jar of the huevos rancheros sauce to try - have you had either yet?