What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Dim sum breakfast with my dad. And I over-ordered as usual.

9 Likes

Lovely! What was the dim sum with “soup” at the right?

Pork and shrimp dumplings (without dough wrappers).

Chili relleno makes me happy for breakfast. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A recent breakfast option, not very sexy, has been dry oatmeal with fresh blue berries and walnuts with almond milk. Fried egg on toast as a spurge and mushroom omlete as a bigger splurge

Eating less, walking more has been my diet plan. Works and is sustainable

2 Likes

No photos, because I’m not a morning person, but we ended up with a bunch of soggy “steak fries” (wide cut potatoes) from a messed-up delivery order.

I diced those and added in diced onion and bell peppers, then crisped for a version of Potatoes O’Brien - topped with poached eggs, from a friend’s rescued hens, and had a quarter of a massive steamed artichoke alongside.

I am not a breakfast eater (first food is usually consumed about eight hours after waking - coffee, tea, and water until then). This was a delicious break from the usual routine but now I want a nap!

3 Likes

“…dry oatmeal…” like museli? I’m a fan of museli although it’s rare i have it- i went through a phase where i would mix up a batch with the oats, some chia seeds, ground flax, and whatever nuts were around. Guess i burned out on it but i recall it was tasty and kept me full a good while!
Walking more is a great easy way to add more activity to the day

1 Like

That sounds delicious! But yeah, big breakfasts make me want to go back to bed!!

2 Likes

That stuff is good.

Made my wife a fried egg on toast. Me, coffee and not much else besides a bit of cheese sliced from a wedge in the fridge. Loosing weight with lots of walking and hunger is way down. But I do love a good breakfast. Maybe my favorite meal of the day

1 Like

Avocado toast with cucumbers and a sprinkle of zatar, picked up with an iced almond milk latte this morning on the way to work.

7 Likes

Up early so we made quick sweet biscuits to use up a few blackberries and the last spoonfuls of rhubarb apricot jam.

5 Likes

Steak n eggs! Best think for left over steak!

4 Likes

Is that ketchup, lol?

And for a second I read, “best thing for leftover eggs.” Which is also true!

Nooooooooo ketchup it’s sriracha!!

Oh, thank goodness. Ketchup and eggs is a deal breaker. Harsh, but true.

2 Likes

Ketchup is acceptable on scrambled eggs and or fried egg sandwiches. Ketchup is punishable by death anytime an egg is prepared with gooey yoke deliciousness!!

5 Likes

Congrats. What are your tips?

Burn more cals and eat less. Simple

The more I walk and lose #, burning more cals, the less hungry I am. Glad it hasn’t driven hunger but surprisingly it has the opposite effect

4 Likes

Well it Sunday. Time to splurge

Had kohlrabi tops which were shredded and sauteed with onion and garlic until tender. Topped with a sunny side up egg and diced grape tomatoes I really love greens for breakfast and a liquidy yolk really just pulls it all together

5 Likes