What would you do with 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs.

I alluded to this here.

I guess it’s less interesting than lamb, but would love to collect some ideas.

My main contenders gave been.

And

Also read about balsamics

1 Like

This is very tasty and super easy.

1 Like

Perfect! I have harissa and yogurt from the lamb escapade! Thank you!

I am linking the roasted chickpea avocado and feta salad recipe from Fine Cooking.

1 Like

that made me chortle…

2 Likes

I LOVE chortling!

Yesterday I made jambalaya with 1 1/4 lbs. b/s chicken thighs and 1 lb. of smoked sausage. It was great, and you could adjust the meat quantities to use what you have.

2 Likes

We love jambalaya!

Drunken chicken. Try Fuchsia Dunlop’s recipe. Easy. We make it every few weeks.

1 Like

Thank you! Haven’t found the Fucsia Dunlop version yet, but these give me ideas!

Wok’s of life

Seriouseats

1 Like

Found this book excerpt

Land of Fish and Rice…

1 Like

Too funny, my mom just mentioned she was using those to make her beloved chicken and dumplings when we spoke earlier today. I haven’t the slightest what recipe she uses but every fall/winter she makes it once a month or so

2 Likes

I use blsl thighs in any recipe calling for chicken breast- imo they are superior in every way.

8 Likes

I agree! I just realized that the only chicken part I buy are thighs, usually bone in and skin on to roast. Although I do make a New Mexican style green chile stew with b/s thighs which is excellent.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t like the thigh, so I indulge when he is away.

So far I’ve made and eaten the “in two vinegars” recipe, and have been marinating the “seared-herb marinated” one.

I bought them on sale thinking I’d be making white-chicken chili for a group, but the menu changed.

I have frozen bone in skin on thighs in the freezer, so I’m still gathering ideas.

Same case as you. I love thighs, husband prefers breast. lol.
I’m trying to make a Japanese chef’s chicken meatball recipe tonight. No idea how it will turn out. Will post later.

1 Like

I don’t know if you have looked up this link. Not particularly about thighs, but maybe there is some inspirations for you.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing. So many nice versions!

But I’m “off” rice! Health reasons. My daughter has called it "the devil’s food!

Not USUALLY that hard, unless it’s chicken and rice. How about “Trini” pilau?
Trinidad Pelau; Cooking with Ria

This wknd, my brother made 5 lbs of chicken kiev with deboned and pounded thigh meat. Like an assembly line, first debone and pound thighs, then cheese (he used provolone), Virginia ham layered, rolled, tied. Rice flour, buttermilk, plain breadcrumb coating and bake on cookie trays.

I enjoy chicken thighs in a coconut/red curry bath or stewed with a rich tomato eggplant sauce. Both freeze well.

You have a ton of ideas going already but maybe these will appeal too.

1 Like

That sounds like chicken cordon bleu, not Kiev. Kiev is stuffed with herb butter that melts and gushes out when you slice into it. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

1 Like

LOL! That’s it! IT was a busy, food coma wknd, I stand properly corrected.:smiley:

2 Likes