What’s on your mind?

Now you people have made me all conscious… about my ellipses…

1 Like

I have learned to tell people quickly what cdc stands for, lest they do some creative guessing. It is Constant Dining Companion. Do you agree that Linda N., your hostess with the mostest is a goddess?

I cannot count the times you’ve complained to me about other members privately or made “subtle” comments in our group about perceived ‘mean’ likes, etc.

Big girl pants & a new environment may be just the ticket.

3 Likes

The great thing here is the IGNORE feature.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that feature doesn’t exist in our Facebook group. As a mod, I can’t block people without them being blocked from the group, and that’s kind of the nuclear option for me.

Generally speaking, I expect our members to behave like adults, which means being honest and direct with each other vs. trash talking each other in PMs or elsewhere. I only remove members for personal attacks or political posts: the only 2 rules in our group.

Of course, our unhappy member has lashed out at several of our members in this forum, so it’s conceivable I remove her.

I’ve already suggested to our unhappy member to block those that annoy her, but since I am apparently one of them - what with my cutesy writing style et al, it might just be best for her to find a new home here, or elsewhere.

5 Likes

There seems to be some unrest on this platform.

I am in full agreement to no name calling or bashing of people on any platform.

I believe that these are the questions that need to be answered:

Do the parties involved want to resolve the Conflict?

Are you able to have Empathy towards each other?

Are you able to see the other person’s point of view or are you just waiting for your turn to talk?

Is there a Compromise here and a Kinder way to resolve the issue?

The Owner has provided this amazing playground for us to explore and enjoy together and has asked us to be more patient with one another

6 Likes

Need to clarify that I didn’t mean I’m peeved by anything grammar wise on HO, but was talking in general. I’ve certainly made my share of typos, misspellings and improper grammar usage. I’m not here to judge or be judged, hopefully.

3 Likes

We will judge you, but we will not do it on the boards. That’s what the messenger function is for. :smirk:

2 Likes

You likely won’t have to worry about any more “unrest” on this platform, at least as far as the kerfuffle initiated by @wholetthedogsout goes, and I personally am not a regular poster on HO.

As for your other questions, in order:

• A conflict can only be resolved if the people involved are willing and capable of doing so. I have repeatedly asked the person in question to stop policing other members in our group regarding their use of certain terms, to no avail. Instead, @wholetthedogsout has now taken their beef with my Facebook group to HO, making the same, passive-aggressive remarks while ignoring my directly addressing them in PMs or in our actual group.

• No, my empathy reserved for that kind of behavior has dried up about a decade ago.

• No, and no :slight_smile:

• The poster in question could leave my group and start a new life here, as that would appear to be in everyone’s best interest.

3 Likes

I have never initiated any discussions but have chatted with you a bunch. When someone made a personal attack and you reached out to me . II pleaded with you to let it go because I wanted you to enjoy a drama free SB, I didn’t even defend myself because I thought it would create more drama. Please tell me you remember this recent conversation?

And miss the pics and comments about your upcoming birthday bash? And your two month trip to Berlin this summer? I really missed hearing about those annual trips to Berlin and am happy you are finally going again!

https://youtu.be/n4RjJKxsamQ

1 Like

I am not unhappy. When you suggested that I block someone, again a conversation I did not start I told you I never block anyone ever because I enjoy reading their posts. I know you want me to leave your group, I know you are thinking of removing me but then I would miss steve’s beautifully lacquered duck and Linda N’s fried chicken, and your pasta and salad and alan’s tex mex.

Question for @linguafood and @wholetthedogsout I don’y participate in HO’s WFD threads nor do I belong to FB. So I truly have no background or context for this back-and-forth. If this is a FB kerfuffle, please take it back to FB. If it’s an HO WFD matter, please do the rest of us a favor and continue your discussion via PM/

I know it’s none of my business, but I feel there are probably others like me with no previous knowledge of WFD and this back-and-forth is quickly becoming tiresome.

Thanks.

14 Likes

Thank you! I completely and wholeheartedly agree.

2 Likes

I refuse to continue this conservation in a public forum. You know how to reach me if you feel so inclined.

3 Likes

After posting my response, I noted that this thread has been flagged by another user. Full disclosure: my previous comment was borne out of my own frustration, but I also happen to be a mod here at HO. But please let’s return to other “Not About Food” talk.

4 Likes

Yeah.
This used to be the fun thread :thread:

7 Likes

I apologize again to everyone here on HO. I should’ve just ignored it :slight_smile:

Now please … carry on :wink:

3 Likes

You are not alone. I participate on the HO WFD dinner thread on a somewhat regular basis, and have for a few years now (my participation has increased since 3/2020 due to having more time) and I have no idea WTF is going on in this thread.

But what ever it is, it does not seem appropriate.

3 Likes