What’s For Dinner #41 - 1/2019 - Clean Slate - New Plate Edition!

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition

re-posted to new Feb. thread.

2 Likes

So good looking!

thank you! and to @Saregama - i just moved my post to the Feb. thread.

i copied and pasted it into the new thread.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition

Make sense for a cat that has an outdoor life, mine will start destroying the house if no access to outside.

1 Like

BTW, February WFD thread has started, please post here:

2 Likes

Saving my rice like you! Still in the shape of the take out containers.

2 Likes

it looks you vaccum packed them which is an expensive way tis tore them.
I just use Costco’s stretch tight, it is cheap, under $20.00 for 3000 square feet that last me about 2 years . I use it daily, to cover food that goes in microwave as well as those of my to poms which I package once every month or two( 24 and 28 gms,) then freeze in these films inside a reusable zip lock bag. I defrost their frozen meat the night before in fridge, ready to pop in microwave next day for barely 1 minute under the lowest control. This way, their uncooked meat is safe from freezer burn and spoilage as well as room temperature.
When rice is reheated to piping hot, usually a package takes 1.5-2 min, it taste like freshly cooked
I typically cook my rice ( kokuho red) in the rice cooker, then package it as soon as it is cool enough not to melt the stretch tite.
PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE. WARNING ABOUT STORING RICE !! IMPORTANT

Properly stored, cooked white rice will last for 4 to 6 days in the refrigerator. How long can cooked white rice be left out at room temperature? Cooked white rice should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature, as bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F.
LEFT OVER RICE FROM RESTAURANT OR CARRY OUT MAY HAVE BEEN KEPT OUT FOR LONG PERIOD OT TIME, PERHAPS OVR 2. HOURS BY THE TIME THEY COOK IT, SERVE IT AND YOU BRING THEM HOME.

I did not know this. Thank you for posting.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition

there was a discussion about the a few months ago I believe, within the last 6 months

Yes! I have so many rolls of vacuum sealer bags, and so many vacuum sealers. I actually have more of that, than I have Costco stretch tight. I put these in the freezer within a few days. Now I’ll review the warnings.

I’m thinking I’ll eventually make fried rice.

Or after reading that link…maybe not!

I only have left over vacuum sealer bags so, I tend to use them sparingly.
pLease read the link

Finally, I have got all the ingredients, will probably make Guatita tomorrow.

To make sure I understand everything, questions on the above recipe, your version doesn’t use cumin and / or milk?

Thanks in advance.

Yes some cumin…but a pinch…no milk…please let me know what other points you have a question about…
Be sure to boil the tripe completely…cut it into 1 inch by 2 inch pieces, and then proceed with the recipe.

I read in one recipe it uses annato powder for the colouring purpose. You are right about a small pinch of cumin, if not the taste will be overwhelming.

As for the tripe, they were already cut in pieces, I wonder if they were cleaned already too, I will read the package again. Thanks again, I will post back results.

love that seasoning on steak