What’s For Dinner #41 - 1/2019 - Clean Slate - New Plate Edition!

A “clean out the 'fridge” meal last night: Diced pork chop & Wright’s Bacon cooked in rice. French bagette slathered with a PSTOB*

8 Likes

Oh, which one?

Rubbed, roasted salmon, parmesan couscous, and Brussels agridulce (garlic, almonds, chili, olive oil, and aged balsamic.

13 Likes

That plate is pretty as a picture.

2 Likes

An Ecuadorian dish called Yapingachos, Fired mashed potatoes with a peanut butter sofrito sauce, grilled portabella mushrooms and grilled filet mignon, with butter and red wine.

Salad along side, a glass of Malbec…on an evening that heat blasted all night!

10 Likes

I started a new topic for February here…

3 Likes

Oh…also raisins on the sprouts

It really did warm me up! I’ll certainly be making this again soon. I’ve been so happy just to make my own dinner every night this week! Delivery may never appeal again…
@Saregama
I know! I had an appointment to go to yesterday anyhow, and the not great market is on my way back from the subway two blocks from my apt

I really love this one, usually mixed with whatver nondairy milk is on hand (good with almond milk but crazy amazing creamy with oat milk). I either get it at target- of all places- or pay thru the nose to avoid target and get at whole foods. The suggested 3TB serving is really rich, I usually do 2TB. Good stuff.

2 Likes

I also did a curry but because the idea of getting to the store made my head hurt!

1 Like

Last dinner for January and with this cold weather couldn’t face a trip to the store. I made coconut curry with tofu, shrimp and mixed veggies. Surprisingly tasty and comforting!

12 Likes

It went well. Nothing spectacular but just a nice comforting dinner for a cold night. Slater rarely lets me down with his recipes.

1 Like

Good! This will be a February meal chez naf.

Maybe this would be helpful:

8 Likes

Oh, that is so funny! In all honesty, that dog would probably not come out of the encounter as the winner. And this cat is an itty bitty little thing!

I cared for a neighbors cat and the same thing happened to me … only difference was " fluffy had never exhibited this type of behavior before :face_with_raised_eyebrow:" I hope you are healing

pretty%20much

DH photo shopped the “middle” claw into one of Mitten’s pictures because that is kind of how she feels about us

pardon the edits

5 Likes

My neighbor has been in touch through emails. We think the kitty is over excited combined with being annoyed that she does not have a 24/7 doorman. So she is stuck indoors for longer periods than she is used to.

4 Likes
3 Likes

so very sorry to hear this, missed it earlier. what a terrible way to live, but it’s still so awful to lose them. all my best wishes to your and your family.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition