What’s for Dinner #20 - 04/2017 - Spring's calling: a movable feast

I used 80% guajilo . Then some California chiles and other I picked up from the market . I ended up with 8 oz of dried . Added a little more garlic and seasoning . I am not the greatest recipe follower . It’s not a real spicy sauce , is what I like . But it has some deep flavors . I also cheated and tossed a cinnamon stick into the pot .

2 Likes

Sound fantastic and especially I can’t eat very hot food. I’m off to some asian shopping later this week in Paris, now I will see if I can find a mexican shop on my way too…

1 Like

It happens. Sometimes it goes wrong in the kitchen and not just 1 thing. We learn to be more vigilant next time.

1 Like

I’ve been looking everywhere for vegetarian kimchi without luck. Then i’m poking around the crummy market close to me and found vegan kimchi ramen…! I felt like it was A Sign and and bought two. I really never get instant ramen but ever since i saw the crazy variety available in asia i wonder if i’m missing out.
It was SO GOOD!! An unholy ton of neverending noodles in the cup, i couldn’t finish them all,

the broth was very tasty and just slightly spicy. I made a pile of smacked cucumbers (without chili, with sesame oil) which was my side veggie.

2 Likes

No- from either cooked chicken from my fridge or bagged salad greens!?! Either way, it sucked.

Last night was pasta with fresh peas, crispy prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese. Some reduced chicken stock, lemon juice, butter, and mint made up a light sauce.

2 Likes

Ridiculously simple to make and yet they all taste different. The original recipe only uses cucumber but since I also have enoki mushrooms and fresh asparagus so why not. The redness in the enoki version comes from Sichuan chillies in oil. Made with 1 single chicken breast and lots of vegs. We couldn’t even finish all of it. Maybe the rice seemed more filling. But then we are not big eaters, except when we are on holiday.

I don’t like the name but that’s what it’s called. Basic recipe here. I will make it again in the summer. Would also be nice with noodles.

3 Likes

Lamb lollipops on the grill . Basted with a mixture of , oo , red wine vinegar , sugar , salt , rosemary , and lavender . Broken white potato fried in oo . Finished with a little truffle oil . Peas cooked in butter . Wine to drink .:wine_glass: Cheers

3 Likes

After a truly hellish day at work with only 20 minutes for lunch (which was 2 ounces of feta & 3 low carb crackers) I did a very quick scampi over shiratake noodles. It was so good. Hubby & Small Girl Child had leftover French bread for dipping/sopping up the garlicky butter.

4 Likes

Last night featured poached smoked haddock, with Jersey Royal spuds & cauliflower cheese.

Tonight, I’m warming up brown gloop from the freezer (leftovers from a Deliveroo delivery from a favourite Indian restaurant). There’s Chicken Malvani and tarka daal. Chapattis for the carb. It’ll be a solitary meal, as Mrs H is out on the razz with ex-colleagues.

3 Likes

Asparagus in the style of Navarra (northern Spain), with 2 sauces: OO and white wine vinegar, the other one is finely chopped tomatoes with onion, parsley, paprika powder etc. The asparagus from Navarra is very thick and short, mine is slender and long.

I like tentacles and the only way to get the is buying whole squid and gut them yourself.

My Catalan picada sauce. Needs refining but otherwise tastes good. I use ground almond (toast till golden first). Pulverise saffron strands in the mortar then add the rest of the ingredients.

This is 1kg of very small squid, which after being gutted and cooked what I got was only 1/3 of the whole kilo. There’s quite a bit of ice in the guts and I paid for that, too. But small squid taste better to me so yes it’s worth the trouble.

7 Likes

Looks great Presunto . SPAIN

1 Like

Thanks! And yes, done.

1 Like

This looks and sounds so ridiculously good!

1 Like

Bacon CHEEEEEEZburger & sweet badada fries. Wine.

5 Likes

Cobia with a sweet potato mash, red jalapeño and pistachios and a relish made from a pineapple core and ring, browned in brown butter

5 Likes

Mapo tofu using @Fuchsia’s recipe from Land of Plenty.

7 Likes

Made some more picada sauce with leftover picada from yesterday. I omitted the breadcrumbs and added some chicken powder, other ingredients remain the same. Since it’s a lot like pesto why not eat it with pasta.

There’s also shaved asparagus but the linguine overwhelmed it. I can see a few wide white strips, that’s the asparagus.

6 Likes

Thursday.
Wine.
Chips.
Dip.
Bitching.
Wine.
Chips.
Talking.
Tears.
Wine.
Dinner.

8 Likes

Linda, this is my favorite thing from the internet today!

2 Likes