What’s for Dinner #11 - 7/2016 - The Sum-Sum-Summahtime Edition!

Scooby , Thanks for that trick . I smoked a can of AS do Mar tuna on my traeger pellet smoker for around a 1 1/2 hr @ 100 degrees . Really liked the subtle smoke flavor it added to the tuna and the pasta dish

1 Like

Depending on where you usually go, digga, I’m sure you can get great lobstah rolls there. :smile: Quite frankly, my two breakfasts were the highlight of my meals - I loves me some diner food. LOL

Sounds like a delicious weekend aside from the lobster that didn’t like you.
Diner french toast is usually the best kind…! That plate looks amazing. Local COTC is an exciting find

1 Like

Salad of stuff dinner, just a handful of baby arugala with lots of veggies; cucumbers, radishes, sugar snap peas, shredded carrot, edamame, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, a sharp dijon vinegrette, and a new to me toasted oats topping. Just a little olive oil with whatever spices (i just did some pimenton and black pepper), toasted in the skillet until the oats turn color and get cripsy! Will definitely be a repeat, made a nice addition of texture and flavor.

2 Likes

Late dinner post-shift: a big mixed salad (5-lettuce mix, radishes, cukes, cherry tomatoes w/homemade ranchy dressing) and the leftover spinach pide I picked up at a newish, local Turkish cafe for lunch today.

Almost threw a fried egg on top, but too much right now.

1 Like

A Publix item

Tiny like bay scallops

Today I tossed some wings I had cultivated from breaking down whole chickens on the smoker and served with potato salad and salad

5 Likes

Almost all of Argentinian seafood is destined for export simple because it’s more profitable. It’s a massive meat consuming nation, even with all the water around it and lakes in it. Chile is the same, but Chileans eat far far more seafood. Chile is one of the biggest seafood exporters.

I sure ate my share of king crab (and other seafood) in Chilean and Argentinian Patagonia!

1 Like

Pan fried so I can’t really call them fritters. Ate them with a tomato and parsley salad.

Hard to see the crayfish tails but they are in there. half kilo of it.

The whole plate. Couldn’t finish all.

5 Likes

Last night was interesting. I made a quick cabbage carrot slaw to go with pan fried spicy chicken breasts. After I finished dredging the chicken, I asked DH to toss the flour/panko mess into the trash. He saw the bowl with slaw (which I had covered loosely with a paper towel), thought it was trash, and proceeded to dump flour/panko trash right into my slaw. :grimacing: After a stunned moment, followed by a few f bombs, we laughed and made slaw for the second time. The spicy chicken was crispy and delicious.

4 Likes

Husband is off this week and I’m spoiling him with HIS choices, for a change. ASked him what I should do with chicken breast tonight, and he wants quesadillas, so quesadillas it shall be. Everything he likes includes cheese :unamused:

1 Like

Wow!!

Fillet of sea bass . Floured and pan fried . Sautéed zucchini rounds . Capellini with o.o and garlic .

4 Likes

Some farmed salmon with blistered string beans. The salmon was brinned briefly in a 10% brine and cooked sous vide 122f/40 min. I wanted to sear the surface but it was too soft to handle much more than putting it a plate. The temp/time might be better for a less fatty fish. Tasted good but very soft

5 Likes

BLTs and a big-ass salad are for dinner when my sloooooooooowwwwww shift is finally over at 10 pm. Yawn. Never thought I’d miss the students.

4 Likes

Tonight is was Vietnamese pork patties on lettuce wraps.

I make this recipe often. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

ooh but it looks LUSCIOUS!

OMG, i made meatballs like that recently! very yummy!

1 Like

too funny, I was thinking of making Gordon Ramsey’s lettuce wraps tonight- with pork. Quick and light in this heat!

1 Like

Smoked steelhead trout with salad and garlic toast

4 Likes