What ingredients are used in your homemade milk tea?

What ingredients are used in your homemade milk tea?
I usually use Keemun black tea, with milk and a little sugar. What about you?

3 Likes

Mines PG tips with a little oat milk.

1 Like

Do you mean only HK or Japanese milk tea? I haven’t made it at home- I’ve only ordered it at cafés.

My regular tea with milk is English/Irish/Scottish breakfast tea, usually from gifts or teabags I collected while travelling, with skim, 1 or 2 % cow milk.

Most of the black tea I drink is clear Earl Grey with lemon.

Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe or Turkish Euphrates Mint. Whole milk.

2 Likes

DIY milk tea. Your own favorite.

1 Like

I’ve sometimes been making what I call a Nordic Fog. Earl Grey or English breakfast tea, milk, a tsp of maple syrup and a few drops of Scrappy’s cardamom butters.

2 Likes

Hot or cold?

1 Like

Earl Grey is pretty much my fav. I used to buy Bigelow or Twinings, but Bigelow P’d me off by switching from tied bags to staples. Since then I discovered the “Stash” brand. I dunno if it is available in your part of the world (it is an Oregon, U.S. based company), but it is superior to Bigelow and Twinings… not only the quality of tea, but the bags as well (they literally soak up the water - where the others simply float on top).

Plus they have a “double bergamot” Earl Grey which is even more complex.

Since discovering the Stash brand, I have sometimes had to go with the other brands when it was out of stock, and they just taste stale to me now.

If you can find it in your neck of the woods I highly recommend you give it a try.

1 Like

I like Stash, too. Tea Pigs is a nice brand.
Lady Grey is a nice tea, too.

2 Likes

Ooh. If we’re going to include cold, then Thai tea!

2 Likes

For cold milk tea, I like Milk tea bubble tea.