What happens when somebody quits?

Got it.

Thanks @naf and @NotJrvedivici. As @tomatotomato observes above, this clarifies things.

This thread has gone in several directions, as such threads tend to, but let me explain to everybody else that I had something specific in mind when I posted the question, which @naf and @NotJrvedivici understood and answered, not the usual leaving of a poster.

2 Likes

FWIW that user’s posts have been restored (undeleted).

5 Likes

Thanks to ^^^^^^^^^^ (it should be noted)

This is exactly what I was talking about up-thread in response to Harters. I can’t believe how childish / spiteful people can be. What’s the point of going through and deleting your posts in threads? You are spitting every member of the community, current and future and you are creating unnecessary work for those you were specifically supposed to be assisting.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never seen anything like that level of pettiness before (and hopefully never again). I guess once in 5+ years isn’t a bad track record.

3 Likes

Thank you for doing what I assume was an unfun task. Much appreciated!!

1 Like

No thanks required–I actually had a perverse sense of joy doing it :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

From my experience when someone quits the other employees circle his/her desk like vultures as soon as s/he reaches the door.

:muscle:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Is that an official HO stapler and what does a guy have to do around here to get one?

Post something intelligent? I’m working on that every day, and I like to think I’m inching there.

5 Likes

Respectfully - I took the red stapler with me when I left the job!

2 Likes

I’ve seen it happen a couple of times on a Tripadvisor forum. Contributors there always have the ability to delete thjeir own posts, with no time constraint.

1 Like

I think that explains why my “unread” quota went so high, mostly with posts I hadn’t looked at in years. It also gives me a good idea of the user in question.

2 Likes

Hmmm . . . I hadn’t considered the possibility that it would trigger those posts as unread, Sorry for the inconvenience, I guess the other contributors to those threads will have to view it as “taking one for the team” in order to restore the integrity of those threads.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed this effect.

Interesting . . , especially since I noticed you participated in many of those threads.

Yes. The only threads on the Boston board that showed as having unread content for me last night or today are ones that did have genuinely new posts, not ones where older posts were restored.

I’ve already thanked you directly, but let me thank you again for your efforts in preserving the record on this site.

1 Like