What bar chocolate are you eating?

I don’t get rose, which is good, but boy is this delicious.

2 Likes

Ritter Sport Cornflake today.

1 Like

love that.

1 Like

Never liked TRs that much, even as a kid. Some years ago I read a dog haiku that read something like: The cat is not all bad. She fills the litter box with tootsie rolls. Ever since, I shudder at the mere mention of TRs.

This supposedly special Peruvian cacao, Swiss-made chocolate was advertised on Facebook last fall. So I have zero idea if the origin story is factual, but I did order the 68% dark chocolate, which I like, and the chocolate-dipped pineapple coconut squares, which I adore. I haven’t reordered because of the price, but might splurge next winter (I go through chocolate slowly and don’t want it melting in hot weather, or blooming in the fridge).

I went back to Whole Foods (45 min away) to get another stack of my beloved Cacao Sampaka bars… and there were none. It’s obvious to me now it was a holiday special and they don’t stock them year-round :frowning:

Anyway, consoling myself with this. I really like dark chocolate + orange.

1 Like

Not getting manchego or cherry from this.

1 Like

maybe the manchego cheese and cherry cancel each other out

This sounded interesting……plums, Madeira, marzipan, and chocolate, so I thought I’d order it (from Amazon), despite the silly-bugger price; you add $9 for delivery. Well, I really like it and want more, but am unwilling to pay that price. I found cheaper prices in the U.S., but by the time you add the usurious fees that brokers charge, you’re worse off. I should see if I can get them to ship via USPS.

The alternative is to make it myself. If only I had a chocolate tempering machine. Then again, I could make it into a cake.

LOL!! Love it. The real deal. I’m fine with trying the German ones from Aldi’s. I should look into their sourcing…NOT!

Any concerns about the new stories about lead and cadmium in chocolate?

I love Twix

2 Likes

Here’s a link…

I noticed that some of the cadmium and lead containing bars listed here have been removed from our near by ‘healthy food’ store.

Better than the manchego cherry one, but not knocking my socks off. For the price of these, the wow factor is low.

1 Like

This is bloody delicious.

1 Like

I see what you did there :slight_smile: But I’ve made a note for my next shopping trip.

1 Like