What bar chocolate are you eating?

I was cleaning my kitchen closet and there was a bunch of these chocolate wrappers from the last few years. These are not even all of them. I ate too much chocolate.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong eating chocolate, especially mostly dark.

1 Like

Oh, and I just found a small chunk of Arete, from our local craft maker, still in the pile of packaging. As I was enjoying it, I found out they just moved from Milpitas in California to Tennessee.

We give those chocolate library series as gifts to our nieces. Always a hit.

Valrhona 71% from Trader Joe’s, $3 a bar, unbelievable price-point.

I must eat 2-3 bars a week!

I used to eat entire 1 lb Milk Chocolate blocks from TJ, but I’m too old for that now. It still tastes good, but I don’t feel good. I’d rather have a hit from the Valrhona even though I like milk chocolate better. I like really, really sweet!

2 Likes

Try this at TJ:

as well as the Milk Chocolate Lover.

I personally like them both more than the Valrhona, and its cheaper than the Valrhona too.

1 Like

85% cacao? That’s dark but I’ll give it a shot.

Best bang for the buck. $3.99 Cdn at the grocery store. Occasionally on sale for less. This is currently my favourite flavour of Ritter Sport.

1 Like

Not exactly a bar yet these are my choices:

Sees Candies Almond Royal
Russel Stover Almond Roca
Baci original dark
Ferrero Rocher
Lindt Lindor truffles Stracciatella chocolate.
Roshen individually wrapped chocolates
Solidarnosc Polish Plum chocolates

I prefer chocolate that is individually packaged it’s like I’m unwrapping a gift to myself each and every time.

I’ve been very lucky that, on special occasions, my family indulges my chocolate tooth with some extremely good chocolate. I can recommend these:

https://marouchocolate.com/

There are a few more, but these are the ones that I can think of at the moment. These are not everyday bars, they’re something special that I get to indulge in a couple of times a year.

Usually, instead of a bar, I’ll just grab a few Cacao Barry Tanzanie buttons. Baking chocolate is dangerous.

2 Likes

Simple. Hershey’s Milk chocolate with almonds. A favorite for 60+ years.

Mostly I go for a dozen or two semi-sweet chocolate chips (Kirkland). Occasionally Lindt raspberry or chili.

Our family favorite, “bar” none lol!

3 Likes

I like that 85% from Trader Joe’s too. Lately I have been indulging in Tony’s Chocolonely 70% - it’s a bit sweeter than my usual, but because of that I find it easy to limit myself to just one or two squares. https://tonyschocolonely.com/us/en

2 Likes

Every so often, they run out, and then I grab a different bar. This happened last time and I ended up with a 70% and a 92%. Too sweet, and too bitter. I think 85% is my “sweet spot” if you will. I love it. We usually get 8-10 bars at a time, but part of it is that my husband and older son (when home) consume it about 4x faster than me. I’ll have 2 squares and they’ll have 8. So it’s self preservation to get so many! It’s also one of very few dark chocolate bars I’ve seen that doesn’t have a nut allergy warning (either may contain or shared equipment), which we look for on account of our older kid.

LOL, mine too. For a special treat I sometimes add a spoonful of unsweetened peanut butter to a square of 85% with a few flakes of Maldon salt on top. Why anyone would choose a Reese’s cup when they can have that is beyond my comprehension!

1 Like

I will confess to liking some pretty trashy snacks. Peanut m&ms ruled the day awhile back for me. And my fave Ben & Jerrys is still pb cup. While I think that’s because they have the best pb ice cream of all I’ve tried, it wouldn’t be the same without the chunks.

1 Like

My mainstays from TJ’s for nibbling. The Uganda has the slight edge for my taste, but I like the Colombia fine.

I also always have a stock of this, which has great balance. I use it mostly in combination with other things and for baking.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen the Uganda, but I will look for it next shop trip. I don’t really enjoy the 70 percents - too sweet for me.

1 Like

1 Like