What Are Your Most Frequented Meals?

Yes lately have used their curry paste and also Tandoori paste. Unfortunately they both taste the same (to me) despite different ingredients.

1 Like

When I’ve been in a hurry I’ve tried some supermarkt versions. I’m not sure if it was the same brand as you mention or not, but I agree they tend to have basically the same flavor. That said, if daughter #3 wasn’t around (she’s the best at Indian Flavors type food) and I was in a hurry, I’ve found these grocery mass market sauces to be an OK substitute.

1 Like

Once a Midwesterner, always a Midwesterner!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

We love The NY Times Lemon Bean Shrimp. I’ve made it numerous times.

2 Likes

Same! It’s a real keeper. I love to add a bag of spinach to up the veg content :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh so true! You can take me out of the Midwest, but you can’t take…

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

We enjoy:
• Modified “Eggs El Tovar” for weekend brunch or dinner. It is like an eggs benny with lox, a more lemony Hollandaise with steamed asparagus on the side. Served on an English muffin. Not a 30 minute meal!
• Build your own steak salad with balsamic dressing and bleu cheese amomg fresh veggies. Blue cheese dressing for the roomate.
• Build your own enhanced Shrimp Louis salad
• Chile Verde or Carnitas with roasted tomatillo salsa or homemade ‘soup meat’ enchiladas. Not all at once.
•Canlis’ Shrimp Scampi with rice or fettucine
• Pierre Franey’s grilled chicken breast (lime, rosemary, garlic and tumeric) usually with rice and a green salad
• Mushroom’s St. Thomas ( spinach, mushrooms, mild Italian sausage, mornay sauce) with a green salad and a slice of pizza dough garlic bread
• Lemon and black pepper marinated grilled chicken with ‘Italian Potato Bake’ (hashed brown potatoes, sliced onionsand tomatos, Italian seasoning and grated mozzarella). It is our summer ‘bbq’ dinner choice.
• Soup meat soup (chuck roast, lots of veggies and tomatoes) with a ‘Red Tractor’ style cat’s head cheddar biscuit. Durkees dressing as a condiment.
We rarely eat out and if we do it is for a family celebration, and usually Japanese Fusion fare because I can’t make it as fine as those chefs can.

2 Likes

Some places call their Smoked Salmon Benny a Eggs Natasha or Norvegienne around here.

I like doing Bennys with smoked salmon and sautéed spinach.

I also like Eggs Blackstone, a Benny made with streaky bacon/rashers and tomato.

2 Likes

Mac & Ham & Cheese
Spaghetti & Sawce
Mom’s Lemon Pot Roast
Seared Sea Scallops
Grilled Steak Tips, Baked Tater with TPSTOB&SC, and some green veg
Roasted chicken (either whole or a big-ass chickie boobie)

3 Likes

I forgot Pollo Al Mattone or alla Diavola or similar.

1 Like

The title came from the El Tovar in Grand Canyon NP, Arizona. I’ve had similar with so-so hot smoked salmon, not lox. I prefer lox. The Hollandaise has to be extra lemony too.

2 Likes

I’ve been to El Tovar. :slightly_smiling_face:. When I was 10. I had the gazpacho, chilled spoon. Nice place.

I’ve used good quality smoked salmon at home. I like gravlax, Nova or other smoked salmon more than most lox available here in Canada. The lox tends to be saltier than the Nova.

Quite a few places that offer lox and a schmear are using smoked salmon in Toronto, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I think the extra lemon in the sauce helps to cut the saltiness of the lox. I’m Jonesin’ for some right now.

I made a Spice Tailor Chicken Tikka Masala last night for the first time in a while, and it hit the spot.

Last night, again…

Had no green onions, so used white.

6 Likes

Pasta everyday! We love pasta so much!

I love pasta, too. It was practically the only thing I cooked while in Berlin all summer. Never once went out to any Italian places bc I had fabulous pasta and other fresh ingredients available to me :blush:

Just gotta have that pasty, eh? I still love 'em, too.