What are you listening to?

A bit tired with a pinch of melancholy. A good time to pipe Sean Rowe through the house and draw a rare bath then retire ready to hit it again hard tomorrow.

1 Like

The always amazing Trace Bundy.

Brian Culbertson. DJ Sapphire on YouTube.

1 Like

My main listening time is when I’m ironing. I started doing that many years when I was going through a bad patch and it helped to stop me thinking of life’s shit

Over the past months, I’ve been working my way through my alphabetically sorted CD collection - mainly American country and bluegrass but also some British reggae bands and classic bands like the Clash and the Pogues. I’ve just reached Brad Paisley.

4 Likes

My musical tastes are so wildly eclectic that I’m fairly sure someone at Spotify thinks theres an entire neighborhood on the same account.

This morning it threw me Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Don Williams, Lyle Lovett, Frank Sinatra, The Hollies, and The Cranberries on a single playlist.

I’m not complaining.

4 Likes

Spotify is giving me a similar playlist: Jackson Browne, Tom Waits, Gillian Welch, Townes Van Zandt, Levon Helm, Emmylou, Dean Martin, Django Reinhardt, Priscilla Herdman, and Aretha Franklin.

And now The Band.

3 Likes

My afternoon Pandora Thumbprint listening has been Michael Kiwanuka, Lukas Nelson, Marvin Gaye, Sade, Eagles and at this moment Chris Stapleton. I’m also wildly eclectic.

4 Likes

Traffic. Not the band, actual traffic. Rush hour is loud in my apartment.

3 Likes

I had The Pogues Irish Whisky in a bar in London.

3 Likes

I had a dinner party back when 6-CD players were a thing…mine shuffled from the Talking Heads to Pwter Paul and Mary…it was referred to as aural whiplash. Lol

4 Likes

I went to see Simon & Garfunkel in Manchester in 1967. Graham Nash was sitting four seats along from me.

3 Likes

Small world, David Crosby sat directly behind a friend of mine. Crosby was in the back seat of his police car so there is that. Lol

3 Likes

I was literally listening to this as I was viewing the site and saw this topic.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight (Official Music Video) - Bing video

I’ve come to recently realize I’m an alternative rock fan. The local music station 92.3FM NYC (formally known as K-Rock made famous by Howard Stern prior to satellite radio) changed to Alternative Rock about 5 years ago. I continued to listen to alternative vs. classic rock and I was surprised by how much I actually liked the music, both the contemporary alternative rock, as well as the “classic” alternative like the link above.

Since this discovery I have been re-familiarizing myself with many 80’s /90’s alternative rock bands; Smashing Pumpkins - NIN - The Cure - Blue October to name a few.

3 Likes

Stan Rogers! WHO? you ask. He was a Canadian folk singer who died decades ago in an airplane accident. Astonishing ability as both singer and songwriter. Check Youtube for “45 Years”, " The Lock-Keeper", and, if you need to bolster your resolve, “The Mary Ellen Carter”. Also, if you love horses, there’s Garnet (Stan’s brother) Rogers’ “Small Victories”, also om Youtube.

1 Like

I’m with you…my son listens to an alt station and he turned me on to it…so I add the Foo Fighters and Billie Eilish and the Cannons to my mix, too.

I’m pretty lucky. Most of my contemporaries complain about the music their kids listen to. I have never asked mine to turn it down (unless I was on a call)…he has great taste in music. (Hes a pretty good cook too, although he prefers not to)

2 Likes

A lot of Courtney Barnett. And Ty Segall. And Yo La Tengo because I’m seeing them live next week, but I’m always listening to Yo La Tengo.

2 Likes

One of my very favorite from year back.

And Disturbs destroys Sound of Silence

And this represents every morning this week.

Here’s a nice personal treat.

3 Likes

Acoustic Sunrise is a Sunday morning program. A nice easy way to start the day and week.

1 Like
1 Like