Wegman's, Medford MA- can it be true?

Looks like Wegman’s is planning to open a location in the Meadow Glen Mall in Medford.
I keep hoping that one of their locations will include babysitting, as in Ithaca. Then it could truly be a Saturday night shopping date to remember.

1 Like

Great news. I can’t wait for Wegmans, Doms, Costco shopping runs.

I didn’t know Doms, so here’s a link for the similarly uninitiated:

http://www.domsausage.com

Dom’s is cool. The Italian sausages are solid and they make a pretty good Chinese style too. I used to go over there when there was a C Mart right there a few years back.

Dom’s is great. In addition to their namesake sausages, they have excellent marinated steak tips, turkey tips, chicken, etc. I stop by to stock the freezer every few months. It’s an old school family joint that I like patronizing.

Do you have a favorite Dom’s steak tip marinade type? They have a variety of cryovac flavors at Wagon Wheel Farm in Lexington and D’Agostino’s in Arlington, but I haven’t tried any yet.

I usually go with the Dom’s Original, but I enjoy Teriyaki and Steakhouse as well. I have found the Patriot to be hit or miss.

The Honey Mustard Turkey Tips are excellent. I add a few table spoons of dijon a few hours before cooking and people enjoy them as much as the steak tips.

As mentioned above, the Chinese style pork tips are great too.

That’s great to know, but a bit odd that they are going right in the mall instead of into the vacant Shaw’s across the street.

I used to go over there when there was a C Mart right there a few years back.

You mean the C-Mart that has become a Hong Kong Supermarket while (I believe) keeping its Super 88 signage?

That’s great to know, but a bit odd that they are going right in the mall instead of into the vacant Shaw’s across the street.

Probably way too small. The Chestnut Hill Wegmans is a bit of a joke–why bother?

oh, I think you’re right. It was a Super 88 back when I would go, not a C Mart. It’s been awhile!

I guess I missed the punchline. Even with a footprint smaller than a traditional Wegman’s, the CH store still has plenty of sqft to offer all the products most shoppers reasonably need. Wegman’s CH is still better than most of the area grocery options.

1 Like

The Hong Kong is about the same as the S88 was.

Wegmans has a lobsterfest Fri-Sun. $4.99 Lbs live or steamed. I just picked up two already steamed 1 pounder for $10.

4 Likes