Weekly Meal Planning - January, February and March 2020

On bad days, 5:00 p.m. rolls around and panic strikes the heart: oh, no - what’s for dinner?! Either something is cobbled together from fridge and pantry, snacks are inhaled over the sink, or takeout saves the night. It happens.

But then there are days when all the pieces just fall into place. When careful planning is brought to fruition with exciting, balanced, varied menus and plenty of leftovers for future meals. Who wouldn’t like more of that?

This discussion is for the planners and aspiring planners among us. What dinners do you have on tap this week? If you have recipe links, feel free to share them. And because life rarely follows a script, how your good intentions work themselves out in reality can be reported in the “What’s for Dinner” thread.

So, what meals do you have in mind? Post a whole week or as many meals as you have figured out.

2 Likes

Here’s my plan for the week:

I’ll also make a chicken pot pie, fruit salad, and cake for my friend who had a new baby.

3 Likes

While meals made with a formal recipe; a list of 10+ ingredients is very much a work in time and progress (although the shopping part I have great fun exploring) my meal prep Routine and quick fix meals have soared. Even my family has noticed.

Since I enjoy the Prep tasks (chopping/cutting) produce, quick sauté, Slow braise, pan roast, cooking off a pot of eggs, breaking ingred into meals, preping the week’s ingredients like a pot of brown rice or farro, baking off potatoes or squash, I find our meals tend to be 5 ingred or less groupings. Breaking down proteins. Grabbing spices, herbs and ingred that enhance or change up the dish.So my very flex short rotation starts off with a good deal prep’d for time.

This week is a work in progress

Pesto pizzas with sauté spinach
Grilled Chicken Subs with corn salad
Spring rolls, soba noodles and tempura veg
Steak and twice baked sweet potatoes salad
Beet salad with goat cheese, zucchini pie

2 Likes

Here’s my plan - two of these (salmon and meatballs) already made:

Not super exciting but this is the plan. I have the kalbi tang in the IP on slow-cook now while we canvass for Bernie this afternoon! :fist:

3 Likes

Would you elaborate on your lettuce wraps please? I recently did Italian sub lettuce wraps and it didn’t come out as I visualized. Even cutting out the ribs didn’t make the lettuce wrap very well - lots of breakage.

Bibb/Boston leaf lettuce is the key! Each tender leaf is 1-2 bites, no rib removal needed.

2 Likes

Thank you.

This is what I’m making this week. I haven’t worked out sides yet - whatever veg looks good.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Weekly Meal Planning - 2022