We love Cheese!

Watercress is not something I usually buy but may have had it somewhere. I really have no idea what caused the issue but it was directly associated with that bag and easy enough to stay away from

One of my favourite thing about Christmas is all the cheese and of course the port to go along with it. Got my cheese for Christmas. I may have overdone it as their’s only 5 of us but hey we all love our cheese.

1. Époisses
  2. Rosary Ash Goats Cheese
  3. Camembert De Normandie
  4. Gorgonzola
  5. Comté
  6. Roquefort
  7. Lincolnshire Poacher
6 Likes

Which is your favourite?

I have never tried nº 7.

Nice.

I haven’t found anything new or outstanding. The same stuff as last year and no Brillat Savarin.

Last few cheese boards.

3 Likes

These all look amazing! I’d love to try more, but I might be alone in my tasting. How do you store each of these? I bought a lot of wax paper sandwich bags for something that didn’t happen, and have been using them fairly successfully for many cheeses.

Me, glass storage box with an airtight lid, there is a thread on this:

1 Like

Thank you! That’s what made me think of using the wax paper bags! But they seem so different than my vacuume bags. Those have been great for parmesean and MAYBE aged chedders. Maybe.

Xmas purchases:

Butler’s Red Leicester, Blue Wensleydale, Blackstick’s Blue (all supermarket purchases)

And Mr Bourne should be at the farmers market on Sunday to sell me some of his mature Cheshire. I bought some at the beginning of the month, at another market, and that was dating to early February and had a great flavour. Whoever says Cheshire is a mild cheese, has never tasted farmhouse Cheshire.

3 Likes

Red Leicester is great stuff. We used to get it here in the states under the “Red Fox” brand (from Trader Joe’s), but that was a decade ago. Haven’t seen it since, although my daughter told me it’s available at Safeway in the Bay Area. We have Vons here in Las Vegas, which is supposed to be the same, but I haven’t found it there.

1 Like

Some Mont d’or just before we left for our Christmas trip.

Sizes differences, the big one was for fondue.

I made a hole on the top of the “skin”, added white wine, minced garlic, covered the hole and heated the whole thing up in oven for 20 and more minutes.

Lovely with some apple wood smoked bacon, potatoes and bread.

3 Likes

That looks fantastic

The fat and carb police can sit this one out

2 Likes

Only 5 days into a holiday I want to go home. Every time. Has to be a cheese producing country next time then. Here in Morocco they eat fresh goat’s or cow’s milk cheese. Haven’t seen anything else.

Cheese and butter (big yellow thing with a knife in it).

Cow’s milk fresh cheese.

Dairy shop in Fez sells fresh cheese, yogurt in bowls to be eaten standing, milk sold in plastic bags to go.

My milk and half a round of cheese. I paid 1.6 euros.

I drank half a litre of milk from plastic cup and the milk is not refrigerated, just stored in this bucket.

A typical Moroccan breakfast, (goat’s) cheese in right corner.

Another breakfast with my own (cow’s) cheese and olives.

2 Likes

I love different types of cheese. It is rather great to know anything new about my favorite dish.

Welcome, so which is your favourite?

Menorca: Mahón, name of the cheese most common is a soft tender buttery young cow milk cheese with a reddish Golden rind.

Mallorca: There are several goat and sheep cheeses in the mountainuous regions from Ricotta to aged varieties.

Ibizia: Not known for cheeses, however, they locally produce. Goat or Sheep milk Ricotta.

2 Likes

Aged 50 months:
SUA MAESTA IL NERO REGGIANO PARMIGIANO … EMILIA ROMAGNA.

My preferences are aged cheeses such as Reggiano Parmigiano, Pecorino Sardo (Sardinia), Manchego and Aged Cabrales wrapped in leaves and aged in caves in Asturias.

There are also amazing aged goat cheeses in Cádiz and Granada. Their rinds are rolled in Rosemary needles.

When it comes to fresh cheeses, I prefer Mozzarella di bufala and Buratta from Puglia. Caprese salads once in awhile …

4 Likes

Aged Reggiano Parmigiano is so good, beyond 3 years are not so easy to find, except in special shops or food fairs.

Do you have any recommendations of online Italian or Spanish cheese shops? It will be great if they can ship in Europe.

1 Like

Naf,

Actually I do know a few cheese vendors both wholesale and retail in Spain and Italy …

However, the borders between France and Spain are closed as well as Spain and Portugal. I am uncertain if they are able to do foreign shipping … I really do not know. You can check on their websites or via email.

However, I will prepare a list for you and post it at the weekend.

Have a nice day.

Thanks. It’s not for now, but later when frontier opens again.

1 Like

Definitely started the list and shall post what I have at the weekend.

It is 23.15 …

Have a lovely evening …

1 Like