Tycoon Thai - update [SF, Tenderloin]

As noted in another thread, the portions at their new Happy Hour (5 pm to 8 pm) are smaller for the $5 bites, and the Sculpin still rocks at $3 a pint, unbeatable combo in my view.

Now moving on to other items, we had two soups, the Tom Kha and Tom Yum, both were complex and far, far ahead of the run of the mill places. Perfect balance of flavours. Onward to the BBQ chicken and BBQ pork shoulder, accompanied with brown rice. The chicken was alarmingly tender and juicy and simply perfection.

The pork shoulder however was quite chewy and quite different from my prior visits.

Service was excellent and courteous as always. Definitely a mainstay in my Thai list, and reminds me of the early days of Lers Ros, which is not that consistent these days, neither with portions nor taste.

11 posts were split to a new topic: A new thread, and its location

Discussions of thread location moved to Site Talk:

Tycoon Thai takeout. Pad Kee Mao, chicken larb, Tom Kha and sai ua (sausages). Everything was good, not sweet and they asked and honored my request for spicy. I just wish it was closer to my house but will definitely be my Thai take out go to whenever I’m swinging through the Tenderloin.

5 Likes