Trader Joe's Pumpkin Service Announcement

I just bit into a clove by mistake and spent the next 15 mins mulling over whether cloves are worse or cinnamon…

2 Likes

Yo! :grinning:

1 Like

Booooo!

1 Like

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who thinks cinnamon, cloves, and pumpkin spice flavored everything are grossly overrated. I still love pumpkin ice cream in the fall, but cripes, I don’t want pumpkin OR the accompanying spice in my coffee, tea, and all the other stuff. YMMV, but I had to get that off my chest.

3 Likes

LOVE cinnamon, and find the flavor addictive! Cloves, sparingly. Pumpkin bread in the fall is amazing, don’t want pumpkin lattes or teas. Like pumpkin in savory foods, curries, soups, ravioli, etc. Pumpkin pie ok during holidays.

I went in the other day to pick up their excellent Triple-Ginger ginger ale (in large bottle with clasp), which is usually available during the holidays. All they had was the @$&%# stupid pumpkin-spice version. Our TJ’s at least has most of the pumpkin-spiced products in one place, so I can more easily avoid them.

2 Likes

That triple ginger stuff is delicious - it’s on my “intentional amnesia” list for TJs: things I love but need to forget exist or I would consume them in too great a quantity!

1 Like

Well, good news (or not, depending upon your outlook). The regular triple-ginger is back. I suspect my local TJ’s gave up on trying to unload the pumpkin-flavored variety, and just reordered the regular. Since it’s seasonal, I picked up four bottles, and just might go back for more.

When they have a pumpkin flavored version of a regular favorite, it’s only temporary, and the other thing usually comes back after pumpkinpalooza is done.

This year samosas were gone for a while because they introduced pumpkin samosas for the “season.”:woman_facepalming:t2:

Pumpkin samosas – just the thought makes me ill. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

From what I read they were pretty good - pumpkin spice is basically a version of garam masala, so there’s no reason it wouldn’t work in a samosa.

And pumpkin/winter squash is eaten in Central Asian countries, so I can see pumpkin-filled samosas being maybe a North Indian thing (using curry seasonings, not American sweet pumpkin pie spice).