[Toronto] [Ontario] Welcome to any new Canadian posters

Salut/hello! Very excited to see this board and hope to contribute after I visit Ottawa this summer.

4 Likes

Bienvenue @GoldenMole!

1 Like

Salud everyone I have been on CH for a while as well. Toronto based but hopefully can start traveling to soon.

5 Likes

Looking forward to photos of Costco runs…

3 Likes

Hey Herby!

I’m from… well, you know… (for others, just outside Ottawa!)

Looking forward to learning more about the food scene both near and far…

Would love to benefit from others’ knowledge, such as anyone’s tips for growing blue oyster mushrooms, gigante beans & other veggie gardening (relatively new at this), how to max out the potential of the Breville pizza oven…

I’m a newbie… happy to be here :blush:

6 Likes

There’s a really awesome group of people who garden on HO, and there’s already a Gardening thread for 2022. Welcome.

1 Like

Anne - here’s the Gardening & Foraging forum

2 Likes

Thanks, Harters!

1 Like

Thank you, Phoenikia!

1 Like

Hi Prima, I didn’t realise that I signed up for HO ages ago. I was kwass on chowhound.

5 Likes

Nice to see you here, @Kare :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Phoenikia. I’m on board here from Chow. Thanks for leading the way. I’m glenna187

6 Likes

Thanks, Prima!! :heart:

2 Likes

“5 or 6 years ago, one member, @Captcrunch , tried to get the Montreal board going here on HO. Hopefully, some people from Quebec, and the other provinces will start posting here on HO”.

That would be nice, especially since my wife and I will be in Montreal for the entire month of May and could always use some more input.

3 Likes

Welcome , @glenna187 !

1 Like

Wait a minute, wait a minute!
“[Toronto] [Ontario]”? Should read, “[Ontario] [Toronto]”!

DockPotato signing in from somewhere west of 427.

1 Like

Welcome @DockPotato !

I wasn’t thinking about the order, at all! :joy: I didn’t add Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Vancouver, Halifax, etc in brackets in the subject line because I’m not sure where our new members are based.

Feel free to include your city, Region or county in square brackets in the subject line, so it helps with the search engine.

I’ve been spending much of my time west of the Golden Horseshoe, too.

No offence was taken, Diana. I lived for over in Toronto for over 40 years and left in 2004. My comment was intended as a friendly “chirp”.

As more of us migrate from CH or discover HO, our regional peculiarities will become apparent through our posts - your “catalogue tree” will suggest itself.

Cheers

1 Like

I’m in Ottawa!

2 Likes

Gooditsall landing here from Chowhound. Located in Eastern Ontario.

3 Likes