Top Chef S13E12. . . . no post?

I’m a few episodes behind. But I liked Isaac and Marjorie

I just think Amar is cute, haha

Carl and the current LCK champ are deserving for sure. Would love to see Isaac do well too, but his cuisine seems limited.

I liked Isaac in the beginning, but I agree with you - it’s the same thing as “This is Top Chef! It’s not Top Scallop!” You could say “This is Top Chef! It’s not Top Jambalaya!”

1 Like

Im rooting for Carl!

Im going to eat at his restaurant next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forget who, but someone posted a review on the Boston board after eating there last week. Said it was ab-fab stellar, and Chef Carl came out to thank them for coming in. Could be a tough reservation to get. :slight_smile:

This is the one!

1 Like

Can I just say, I love Hubert Keller and really enjoyed this episode, especially having had the good fortune of dining at Fleur de Lys on a SF visit a while back. It was fun seeing all the chefs that attended the dinner, and oh, my our Harold has gained a pound or two! I was also glad to see Jeremy back on his game. His food looked beautiful.

on the preview for next week, Carl is shown in the kitchen… but so was Kwame. I’m hoping Amar makes it back in!

They may have been brought in to help as they usually do in the finals…

1 Like

I realize that. That’s why I mentioned kwame too…

1 Like

Oh, C, please report back after your dinner!

I haven’t watched yet but I just checked out the first 3 minutes to see who is back in. YAY!!! I just love this man’s smile so much :heart_eyes:

I was happy to see Amar go through, he seems genuinely likable and humble. For me, it was a no lose with one of he or Carl advancing to the final. I thought it was definitely going to be Carl as Tom’s cliffhanger comment on Last Chance Kitchen was “it all comes down to one thing…this challenge came down to those few grains of salt”. When we dined at Carl’s restaurant, during the meal we commented that every course was perfectly seasoned. I was wrong about the show, but It seems that Carl ensured that he perfected the element that tripped him up going forward. Too bad they both couldn’t be in the final, but I do hope Amar wins it all.

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of Jeremy’s since the beginning, although I had a few weeks of “WTF are you doing, Jeremy?” (Restaurant Wars decisions) but I think he’s been the strongest throughout.

However, as we well know, that means diddly-squat, as it always comes down to that last meal.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Jeremy’s too and had the same WTF moments you did! I do like Amar, though so if Jeremy doesn’t get it I’ll still be ok. I hope they don’t do the final the way they did it the year Kristen won - knowing who won each coarse as it happened kind of spoiled the suspense.

Who was the guest judge besides David Copperfield? Was it Julian Serrano?

Don’t recall, and don’t know who that is.

Gail called him Julian but I can’t find mention of it. Thanks anyway!

Agreed, but if they gave him a show where he travels around the world sampling local cuisine and then shows you how to turn them into Gumbo, I’d watch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

me too