The NJ french fry thread

My auto correct is so messed up on this phone that I can’t even describe it. Look at how it spells mention lol

1 Like

Well done Windmill cheese fries for the win!!!

Proper fresh 2x fried fries:
5 Guys on a good day
Kim Marie’s

Fast food / Frozen fries
Burger King

Steak fries:
Are these disappearing? The only place I can get them now is at Richard’s in Long Branch

Cheese fries:
Jr’s. Same as windmill but doesn’t taste like I’m getting ripped off.

Coated fries:
Not unless I was starving and nothing else is available.

2 Likes

Barnacle Bill’s still has steak fries…only kind they serve

2 Likes

Yep. I liked the Schmeck Donald’s beef fat over tones, too bad they modified them.

But of course if I have my druthers its…

Tater Tits !

3 Likes

You know @corvette_johnny as I recall you are a fan of the Tater Tits yourself:

Thanks for the mammories…

So where are the best disco fries?

I’ve been knock to put a few down.

Check these tots out https://www.thechubbypicklenj.com/menu

I’m still trying to find some duck fat fries around here.

1 Like

Yeah, for some reason duck is not a thing in Jersey.

Duck fat cottage fries is one of the first things I do with extra duck fat.

Hey, how about chili cheese fries ?

Windmill and dans are two of my local favorites

@gcaggiano are you a dans fan? I think @tomt is

Some footage of dans

2 Likes

Dot and Dan’s in AH? Yes, love them. Nothing better than walking the marina in the summer and grabbing a hot dog and some of their crispy fries. Unfortunately, Dan passed away last year.

Not a big fan of chili, shockingly enough. I actually make a mean one myself but do not partake of its consumption once it is done!

I agree. Definitely a good stroll around the marina after hammering down some cheese fries and dogs. You feel a little better about yourself after words and pretend like you just burned off all those calories lol.

Dan was an awesome dude. I’ve spent many hours on the picnic tables telling stories with him.

If you guys want some good dogs and fries from some honest, hardworking people, then check out dot and dans dogs in Atlantic highlands. For a cheap lunch, this has been in my rotation for many, many years.

1 Like

For Tater Tot fans, JJ Bittings has a full tot menu, including these bad boys below: Chicken Picatta Tots!

potd12

They also have some killer spiral (like at a carnival) and waffle fries.

2 Likes

Wow I have never seem such a dish. Vk is going to have to prepare this and invite us over to try :slight_smile:

Sure. Chicken whohatta with tater tits is a famous Scandinavian entree since at least the 1500’s.

Let me check my Swedish cookbooks and get back to you.

1 Like

Someone requested duck fat?

Why is there no pork roll on that? :slight_smile:

You mean Taylor Ham ???