The Costco Thread - Ontario - Jan to end of June 2022

Creating a thread for Costco finds in Toronto/GTA area. Hopefully can keep up the same routine as CH posts.

5 Likes

Migrated from CH and I’m happy to follow you here. Thanks for all your updates, helps me know in advance of my weekly Costco runs

5 Likes

Also migrated from CH … so glad to see you here. Looking forward to your updates!

5 Likes

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe and long overdue.
Happy to report prime rated steaks are back.
Here are some interesting finds

2 Likes

Thank you for the post! If anyone is wondering, the Cha’s coconut milk is very rich and flavourful. Very well priced for the quality.

Oh boy the USDA Prime Striploin turned out so good yesterday. Had to post it on Instagram :slight_smile:
I feel its a much better buy over Aussie Wagyu at that price point
Enjoy the music as well folks :slight_smile:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbgCegkggqg/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Great to hear!!

The latest wind-storm blew over and destroyed my outdoor BBQ! Cannot wait to get a replacement, warmer weather and follow your foot step with a few pieces of the thick, juicy protein!! I like to do mine even rarer! :laughing:

Oh bummer Charles. I hope you have your BBQ setup back in order soon. I would have gone rarer but I didn’t have the right wine to match the steak that day (I prefer a stronger wine with rare meat) so went with medium rare route.
Here is the Aussie Wagyu done rare with a nice wine pairing. I ended up buying a larger Aussie Wagyu Strip and portioning it myself as Prime rated was missing for a while.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLuaGHXq/

1 Like

Nice marbling!! For that, I’ll build myself a nice hot charcoal pit and grill myself at least an inch and a half thick one! Yummm!! :yum:

Those steaks look beautiful. Would anyone know why Costco in Montreal doesn’t carry USDA meat of any kind. Lots of Australian Wagyu in store and, of course, Canadian beef. Just an inquiring mind who will try to remember to ask the Costco butcher next visit. :woman_shrugging:

It is top-notch! It is not super thick but the taste is so true, that you know it is organic. The price is also outstanding.

In my experience they either have USDA Prime or Canadian Prime in Toronto area. There might be different regulations for Quebec when it comes to meat from US? BTW has anyone tried the Japanese Wagyu that’s sold online? I have been eyeing the striploin steaks.

1 Like

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe.

Posting interesting finds

2 Likes

The wagyu shabu shabu is new, so are the wild caught squid
The Balzac farmers blend beans are way fresher imo for fresh ground espresso drinks so recommended over the other mass produced versions sold around here.
Some new spice blends as well.
I will pickup the black cod next trip for sure as haven’t made the nobu version in ages.
The orange roughy fish is also new and haven’t tried it yet.
Posting a link for the cappuccino made on barista express at home using Balzac farmers blend beans
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbNYGKnAjvm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So happy to see you doing this. Thornecliffe is my usual Costco. Relied on you many many times on CH. Glad to see it continuing!

2 Likes

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe. Long post today as lots of stuff

Loading part deux

Thank you so much. Happy to see the artichokes back. Can’t wait for Ontario asparagus!

Saw these at Elgin Mills

1 Like

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe long overdue. The place was a mad house. Took forever to leave. Some interesting finds

House

Today’s trip was to Etobicoke usually don’t come here some interesting finds didn’t see the biscotti if anyone finds please do share I can order online through grocery Delivery I suppose

1 Like