Summer 2022 (Jul-Sept) Dish of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

Whoops - I created a new thread for COTQ but forgot all about DOTQ! I blame the heat. So, HOs, what dish appeals to you when the mercury soars? List your nominations in ALL CAPS below and let’s get cooking! I’ll leave this thread open until June 29 so we can hopefully get voting done by July 4.

1 Like

Cuisine of the Quarter nominations are also open! Summer 2022 (Jul-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

1 Like

Thanks for getting us going! Do we have an archive or master list of all the previous DOTQs?

In the meantime… if you click on the tag t the top of the page, it will take you to all the DOTQ threads

Just started one - Master list/links for Dish of the Quarter

2 Likes

Seeing as I TOTALLY forgot about gnudi/gnocchi being DOTQ, I will get on that - so thank you both for starting this thread and for the reminder!

For this round:

PANISSE / PANELLE / CHICKPEA “FRIES”

SAVORY UNYEASTED LOAF BREADS (ie not flatbreads…)

Here are some examples of the types of unyeasted loaf breads I mean:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/dorie-greenspans-cheesy-bacony-apero-quick-bread/15748/

And some examples of panisse / panelle:

1 Like

Would “savory quickbreads” cover what you want here?

Ooh, all the possibilities!

I’ll start by seconding PANISSE/PANELLE

I’ll also nominate
KEBABS - broad interpretation
SAVORY PRESERVES - would include quick pickles, Japanese tsukemono, fermented pickles, kraut, kimchi, mostarda, etc.

2 Likes

KEBABS
*this is a complete sentence.

4 Likes

COBBLERS- sweet or savoury

1 Like

SAVORY UNYEASTED LOAVES is a sentence.

1 Like

COBBLERS is a sentence

1 Like

KEBABS

COLD SOUPS

Two whole sentences

1 Like

Also for me PANISSE/PANELLE
and SAVORY PRESERVES
and SAVORY UNYEASTED LOAVES
and COLD SOUPS (including but not limited to gazpacho)

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Thanks HOs for your nominations - voting is open! Summer 2022 (Jul-Sept) Dish of the Quarter - VOTING