Stolichnaya introducing Gluten-Free vodka to US market.....

Stolichnaya is targeting health conscious drinkers with the launch of a new gluten-free vodka.

Stoli Gluten Free is made with 88% corn and 12% buckwheat, both naturally gluten-free, and will be available in the US from April 2016. Harvested from Russia’s Tambov region, corn and buckwheat is distilled three times at Stoli’s Talvis distillery then filtered four times through quartz sand and birchwood charcoal. It is then blended with spring water from the Latvijas Balzams’ artesian well in Riga, Latvia.

“We experimented with a variety of gluten-free ingredients before finalizing on a unique mash of corn and buckwheat”, said Michael Oringer, senior vice president of innovation and trade marketing of Stoli Group USA. “The result is delicious, old-world style tasting vodka that meets the needs of our consumers who live a gluten-free lifestyle.” (Article continues.)

I always thought vodka was made from potatoes and aren’t they gluten free anyway…:wink:

But seriously how does gluten get the distilation process or is it some sort of homeopathic process where the distilled spirit has the memory of gluten from the grain mash.

Vodka can be distilled from ANYTHING. Ciroc and Grey Goose are distilled from grapes, for example; Belvedere from rye. Tito’s is made from corn, etc., etc., etc., etc.

I don’t THINK there is any gluten that survives the distillation process, but I cannot say for 100% certain . . .

As a distiller and consultant. No gluten makes it through the distillation process. None.

Pure marketing on Stoli’s part.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought. I can’t see how it could. Thanks for the solid info . . .

I’ve seen bottles of plain bottled water whose labels include the statement that it is gluten-free.
Yikes. :grimacing:

Such crap marketing, no pun intended