Stamna Greek Taverna, Lincroft NJ

We tried this restaurant for the first time on Sunday. We usually go to Niko’s in Long Branch, but it was way too crowded, so we headed out of town. The restaurant is tucked into a small strip mall in Lincroft. The ambiance is pleasant. The menu is pretty much like every single other Greek restaurant in the area. There was only one other couple in the restaurant when we were there. The waiter brought over a plate of Greek Olives and toasted bread to munch on while we decided on what to eat. We started with the mixed Greek salad. Large chunks of feta cheese and cukes, with sliced red onion and some olives. There were no tomatoes, stuffed grape leaves, anchovies, or anything else. We had a side of tzaziki that tasted fresh and homemade. It came with a side of pita bread. My husband ordered the mixed grill, which consisted of a Greek Style hamburger (the spice mixture is apparently what makes the burger Greek), gyro meat, sausage and chicken. There were no lamb chops on this mixed grill. I ordered the whole Bronzino (fish). It was very tasty. Both of our orders came with a side of lemon potatoes.

The restaurant is not one that I would go out of my way to visit again, but would definitely go back if we happened to be in the area and had a yen for Greek food.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Greek me again I just can’t get enough, Stamna, Lincroft