SPONTANEOUS BITES! -- circa 2020

May the 4th be with you.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you for your post. May I ask where you bought the Spanish hot choc and churros?

3 Likes

5 Likes

Nice @chienrouge . How was the Philly Cheesesteak? (And where was it from?) :slight_smile:

It was juicy and good from Boo’s in Koreatown. Whiz and provolone, fried onions and pickled cherry peppers. Oh yeah for 4.5O more for double steak I went for that too. In for a penny… Now that Papa Jake’s is no more, I’d recommend Boo’s if you ever feel like a cheesesteak.

3 Likes

Taro ube dole whip soft serve - Ramenwell, SF

5 Likes

Ramenwell by name, ramen very well by reputation.

2 Likes

Their ramen was great - but I would stop in just for the soft serve too.

1 Like

Nice flavor combo !

Lox eggs and onions, and hash browns, and Swiss, burrito.

Cousin of the pastrami burrito.

4 Likes

I see that you are a “concave” eater.

Me, I like to eat my burros from the outer edges inwards.

2 Likes

It’s not the most glamorous photo that I’ll concede!

Interesting! Lox, eggs, onions and hash browns burrito? :open_mouth: Where was it, and what did you think?

It was a self directed creation at counter of bagel nosh in Santa Monica. They will make anything in a burrito bagel or sandwich. I don’t really like the bagels there.

1 Like

the shrimp and chive number at Capital Seafood BH is among their better dim sum options. Personally I feel this place has slipped in quality (at least it’s hit and miss), but it’s closer than the SGV.

3 Likes

8 Likes

really like bottarga…sometimes i jazz it up with squid clams crab other stuff…or just more bottarga

1 Like

Nice @attran99 . :slight_smile: Pasta Sisters? (Looks like them!) What was your favorite from this visit?

1 Like