Spinach Ravioli Filling?

Thinking about making a spinach ravioli tomorrow night. I’m considering adding the spinach to a mushroom paté with garlic/onion and parmesan (no ricotta).

Do any of you have a tried and true recipe for something like this? Or should I just wing it?

Wing it. The main issue may well be moisture from the spinach ruining your pasta.

Reminds me that I have some spinach ravioli in the freezer that I bought at the farmers market. Guy seemed confident that freezing wasnt going to be a problem. He suggested serving it with just melted butter.

Yeah… that is one of my considerations. I figured I’d blanch the spinach, drain it. Do the shrooms/onion/garlic, then add the spinach, process, and then squeeze it all out through paper towels. Then dry it out a bit more with the parmesan.

Is there a better way?

No.

1 Like

I would blanch & squeeze the spinach dry (or use frozen spinach & squeeze it) but would cook the mushrooms until the pan is dry so the flavor is concentrated and retained. Basically make mushroom duxelle then stir in your chopped spinach matter and cheese. Spinach water can go down the drain but not tasty mushroom juice!

4 Likes