South Restaurant in Sacramento CA

I commute to Davis for work and have some love for Dixon for sure. I imagine the Mexican food there is exceptional, and agree the agricultural in the region is outstanding.

2 Likes

I am in Vacaville, but recently completed my Master Gardener training for Solano and Yolo County and am loving it all. We moved to California from NYC for my military obligation in 1988.

Corti Brothers is always a treat, and Pedrick in Dixon is “fire” as the youngsters say. Maybe not a great word in these parts.

Good night! Heading to Orlando for a conference this weekend! Any help appreciated!

1 Like

Have you tried Munnerlyn’s in Pine Grove? A bit of a road trip from Sac, but might be fun. (I’ve not tried it but family and friends do rave about the ice creams and sorbets.)

Bookmarked! Thank you. Will try meat time we day trip that way.

1 Like

Just in case anyone should find this thread, South has permanently closed. The original husband and wife founding team got divorce several years ago, and now the business partnership has gone bust, too. Pity. It was some amazing chicken.

The wife (who contributed the lions share of the recipes) is looking to open a new space at some point.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The other links upthread are behind a paywall now, so this one may not be good for long.

https://www.sacbee.com/food-drink/article240939656.html