Somebody Feed Phil

New season.

Season 3

2 Likes

My entire family gets a big kick out of Philā€™s various food antics. In person, he is just as animated.

2 Likes

We watched the first three episodes last night. Just as good as ever.

I tried to add some info about the show using a spoiler alert, but it didnā€™t work. Youā€™ll see for yourself.

1 Like

LOVE this show. Watched 3 random shows yesterday. London was great. I have watched every episode of the other seasons many times each. Phil is just good for the soul.

1 Like

As much as I love the show, this season included, I canā€™t help but think some of the faces he makes seemed forced, and wonder if heā€™s a bit over it. I was a bit troubled about not seeing his mom, and his explanation as well. But I still watch.

London in particular I will watch a few times, since like he says, I was never really that interested in the food at least, and had similar revelations, and I have reservations there this fall.

What to do?

Iā€™ve spent a lot of time in London and that is a common misperception. English food is no longer boiled meats and marmite. I really look forward to dining there each time I go. I nearly teared up at the Borough Market segment, my favorite place on earth.

Phil announced the death of his mother last October; but I wasnā€™t sure when he was filming. So far she has appeared in one that I saw. Sad.

2 Likes

Oh no!

Thank you for posting this. I never heard of the series. It looks like fun. Iā€™m going o have to watch which will likely turn into a binge.

3 Likes

As I live close to London and eat there often, I was anxious to see where and what Phil ate on this episode. I must say whoever chose the list did a great job. Itā€™s been terrible since the virus has us isolated not to be able to get to the Borough Market or Dishoom (a place I happened on in the first week they opened - now they have umpteen restaurants). I laughed to myself at how many of the people he was with are Jewish (like me), although that was never mentionedā€¦Jay Rayner, Nigella Lawson, and I presume Lady Windsor is the same. I hope you get here this year.

1 Like

Me too, although itā€™s not looking promising. We have a full day tour of Borough Market planned. Keep me updated about how things look ā€œon the groundā€. So often things portrayed as happening in California is a little skewed.

Weā€™ve had one trip cancelled, and I doubt weā€™ll get to France either - scheduled for September.
Right now there is a 14 day quarantine supposed to start next week or so for anyone entering the UK. I think that will be changed, but who knows. One could gain 20 pounds with an entire day at Borough. BTW - Iā€™m an American and my brother lives in CA. Iā€™ll report any big changes.

1 Like

Oy vey iz mer.

Iā€™ve watched this season too much, and now I am re-watching season one. So?

As I think one of my exes used to say, translated; ā€œStop hocking my cup!ā€ I love the original Yiddish expression. It`s lots of letters.

I hope that was not offensive. I sort of miss New York.

ā€œNow, I donā€™t know when Iā€™ll get to do it again. We finished filming in January. We got it in just under the wire. So thereā€™s two things: I have no idea when the world will open back up again. None of us do. I would like to think that maybe in a year, weā€™ll get some semblance of normalcyā€.
1 Like

The YouTube Channel

2 Likes

The San Francisco episode has Thomas Keller and his ā€œempireā€, and they talk about working together on Spanglish. I have not een that movie, and didnā€™t know it was ā€œabout a chef.ā€ Iā€™m going to add it tomy list.

1 Like

New season!

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching. I didnā€™t know Max was no longer with us.

1 Like