Some Christians Are Extremely Unhappy About Starbucks' New Holiday Cups

Am I the only one who thinks the guy sounds like he’s on some mid-market, Morning Zoo team?

“Hey there gals and gonads, you’re listening to KRKK. Rockin’ all of Greater Tulsa with Steve and the Shart. Oooh-yoweee!”

I mean, you can practically hear the fart noises. . . .

2 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Keurig K-cups

If you got a cup of coffee at Starbucks that was “bitter to the point of being undrinkable”, something was wrong with your coffee. That’s not how their coffee is, typically, and they have lighter roasts for people who don’t like their ‘full city’ roast style.

1 Like

Honestly, some people really need a life. The idea that everyone must say “Merry Christmas” to you is ridiculous. Starbucks produced some neutral cups to celebrate the holiday session for people with different faith and people with no religion. Maybe it is a business decision or maybe it is just trying to be inclusive – likely both.

The idea that every people and every products must celebrate your faith seems very totalitarian.

If you don’t like this Starbuck design so much, then don’t go shop there. However, don’t try to be an ass about it.

2 Likes

Agreed on the overroastedness of Starbucks, but I’m not sure I’d make that the reason for Starbucks’ failure to be a ‘market leader’ in the UK or Europe. To be honest, I’m not sure how one would define ‘market leader’ but Starbucks, unfortunately, has a fairly robust presence in the parts of the UK I’ve visited (like Sunshine, I prefer Costa and would seek that out) and has a global presence.

Interestingly, the reason for Starbucks’ closures abroad tend more often to be attributed to a clash in coffee or other cultures and less about the coffee itself. This also makes me think about the UK, where one considers cultural issues as well. Although something like 500+ Starbucks still sounds like too many to me. (Nothing to do with cups, just bleurgh.)

FWIW, Starbucks has around 550 UK outlets, whilst Costa has around 1750. I think that would be a pretty decent way of defining market leader.

(Source: a quick Google)

All the more reason why this clearly cannot be an assault on Christmas.

1 Like

Yet, there were plenty unhappy people, which beg the question: what the hell were they smoking?

1 Like

Not enough, obviously :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fair dues. I see too many Starbucks (there seem to be three in my immediate radius and fan out accordingly), so I’m probably grumbly about that. I would still hold that it’s not so much the flavour of the coffee as the difference in café culture and offerings that account for the differing popularity. Or at least, that is a significant factor.

Maybe Starbucks should ban all Christians from entering until they can figure out what is going on.

9 Likes

Finally someone willing to tackle the problem!

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaha. Best post of the day.

Turns out… there weren’t.

The entire thing was invented by a guy named Josh Feuerstein who has a history of creating hoax controversies, generating publicity, and then cashing in on it with his videos. He’s a troll who’s profiting by pretending that Christians are in an uproar.

1 Like

Plenty of xtians fell for it, tho. Even Orange Dump called for a boycott.

Never underestimate people’s stupidity and their willingness to be outraged.

2 Likes

You people crack me up… lol btw, it needed two periods to make a point.

I like this one, from Friendly Atheist’s FB page: :

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Keurig K-cups

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Keurig K-cups

hey all, I moved the K-cup discussions to the Drinks board. Link above.

1 Like