Software upgraded- site layouts to be restored soon

An long overdue software update was done today (hence you might have noticed site downtime). With updates comes some layout changes. You’ll notice funny front pages, changes to latest pages, etc. It’ll take me a day or so to go through these and restore how the site looked before.

There are some exciting changes like ‘following’ a user and its posts. I will get to those later.

1 Like

Is the software upgrade the reason why the horizontal margins are too wide right now? I’m side scrolling.

What are the little red squares to the left of the topic names in the lists? Some are completely filled in, others not.

ETA: And now they seem to be gone.

Okay, discovering the “mobile view” option rearranged the horizontal margins fixing the need to scroll sideways.

Do you have a screen shot? I see no changes on my side.

After I switched to mobile view the issue stopped.

Just a FYI, I’m getting a lot of “phantom” new message notifications. I’ll get the blue notification by my avatar as if someone has responded to a post, but when I click on it, it takes me to a comment made several days ago. It’s actually happening as I type this, so I’ll screenshot it for you.

Take a look:

1 Like

The same is happening to me, with the addition of new messages being delayed a day or two.

1 Like

@chowdom @NotJrvedivici

We are discussing the issues here.

1 Like

(Comments are for mobile version on IOS, safari and Firefox)

After clicking a new comment/like from the notification drop-down list, the HO title bar goes away and is replaced by the topic title bar:

Need to scroll up or down to have the title bar and profile pic thumbnail restored, which is less useful than before:

For eg, notification takes you back to your own post, turns out it’s a “like”, so you just want to get back to the rest of the notifications. Earlier, the thumbnail was always visible with the title bar, so you could click it again to continue down the notifications. Now, you have to scroll up or down to get the HO title bar and profile thumbnail back into view.

Also, I clicked a person’s handle, which popped up a window with their stats - but there’s something off with formatting for a mobile screen:

And finally, I tried to upload a group of pictures as a slideshow on the quarterly cuisine thread, but now they upload as a series - here.

Thank you!

True! If you use iPhone, tap on the top bar with the OS clock, it will bring you to the top of the page.

1 Like

Thanks

It’s not about the top of the page

It’s not what the persistent bar was at the top of the HO page - it changed with the software update

Used to be the first pic I posted.

Now if you’re inside a topic, it’s the topic title, until you scroll, then the HO title bar shows up again.

So this

Vs this

Scrolling to get to the HO title bar and the profile thumbnail with drop down for notifications is an extra step after the software update

Yes, it’s what I was talking about, to reach the avatar, you need to go way up! If you are in WFD, you are doomed!

Faster way is to click HO logo, and go the home page.

That’s the follow button being off the screen. A bug with the Follow plugin. i can flag the developer.

After the queue is cleared the slideshow is back.

I think that’s changes the software developer made. Nothing we can do.

Ugh. Annoying. But as with everything, I’m sure we’ll get used to it.

But that’s new - it wasn’t that way before the update - that was what I was flagging. Answered below - apparently a choice the developer made.