So ....I broke up with The Warriors again,and now I'm messing with Rhodes frozen Rolls

I was asked to purchase rolls for about 40 folks for a meeting (also making a side of roasted cauliflower salad, and bringing some store bought potato salad for the folks who prefer that) , and I read about frozen Rhodes dinner rolls.
The 5 Best Store-Bought Bread Rolls For Your Holiday Table
I’m limiting carbs, and I don’t really bake much, but I still wanted to try something besides the beloved “King’s Hawaiian”. I will definitely go there if this doesn’t work.

I’m trying the overnight thaw.

https://rhodesbakenserv.com/portfolio-item/refrigerator-thaw/
Has anyone tried these?

We really like Rhodes frozen rolls. 36 to a bag and 9 to a sheet each time. Will be having them for Thanksgiving. But I always let them rise at room temp. Takes a good 4 - 5 hours. I would think twice about 40 ( or 80 if two apiece - they are that good brushed with butter😊) thawing and rising in the fridge. Even the website says just in case they haven’t doubled let them rise while the oven is preheating. I don’t know if i’d trust that if I were coming down to the wire.

1 Like

Thank you!
I took them out with time for an additional rise. I also did some with a room temp rise.

I am at the meeting with the rolls! Hope they are well received!

4 Likes

They look good to me!

2 Likes

I think the ones raised at room temperature where ever so slightly bigger.

I have a new fridge with more room than the old one so thought I’d give the overnight thaw a shot. Hope it works out as well as yours did. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!
BTW, I brushed with butter and sprinkled with a little fancy salt.
I also did one of the rolls where you put two in a muffin tins, and those looked great!

2 Likes

Ok, here’s the scoop.:blush: After 10 hours in the fridge the rolls basically just thawed out. But that was fine because I still felt ahead of the game. Then 3 1/2 hours to rise at room temp. Think I let mine rise longer than you do. 15 minutes exactly @ 350*. Perfect. I will definitely use this method from now on since letting rise from frozen at room temp can be unpredictable. Thanks for bringing this Rhodes fridge thaw to my attention.:blush:

2 Likes

Yay! I agree about feeling ahead of the game the next morning! And then you can control the process by controlling the environment.

1 Like

Probably thought you’d never see this thread pop up again. I tried Rhodes bread dough today. Rising time can be iffy as usual. But if you let it thaw and rise in a warm place it should only take 4 - 5 hours. It did not produce a crusty loaf by any means. Soft loaf. But very tasty warm out of the oven with butter. We liked it. It will do in a pinch believe me.

2 Likes

“Probably thought you’d never see this thread pop up again”

Just so happens I JUST broke up with the Warriors again! But that was LAST week.

1 Like