Saturday Lunch, 9/15/2018 12:30 PM, Wojia Hunan, Albany CA

I’d like to arrange a HoDown at Wojia Hunan, 917 San Pablo Ave in Albany. This will be for lunch on Saturday, September 15, 2018.

Just recently opened, Wojia is one of the few restaurants that concentrates on Hunan cuisine, unlike the Sichuan/Hunan places that have only a few Hunan dishes. The menu has lots of items that I’ve never seen before, and it will be fun to try a variety of them. Follow this link to see the menu:

https://www.hungryonion.org/t/regional-chinese-roundup-3-0-sf-bay-area/4640/224?u=ernie_in_berkeley

If you’d like to join us, please either leave a post here or PM me. The restaurant has several big tables, so it can accommodate a good crowd.

Dining reports:

…lunch at Wojia Hunan is looking good to me but unfortunately I cannot do 9/15.
If anyone would like a preview lunch on Wednesday 8/29, please join us at 11:30am.

Can I tentatively reserve for two? My sister and I. we may have to cancel closer to the date (depends on having someone else cover for my sister at her job) but I’ll try to give plenty of notice.

Sure. I wanted to give people plenty of time to adjust their calendars if necessary, and I’ll post reminders in a couple of weeks and again as the date approaches.

1 Like

thanks!

Thanks for doing this event. Wish I could go but I am off to Japan that night so I will have to pass. I have to save myself for Japan. Will look forward to your report.

You got 11 hours on the plane to burn the calories off. :slight_smile:

The check in time is during the lunch time. I will enjoy a lot of food there.

This would be a good time to remind everyone about this Chow/Hodown. There’s still plenty of room for anyone interested in sharing authentic Hunan dishes with a friendly crowd.

I would love to come but have prior commitments. We love this place though! Have been a few times and so far have enjoyed everything we have tried. Love their version of sesame flatbread and the toothpick lamb. Hunan noodles were a simple and harmonious dish: toothsome noodles elevated with spicy chili and wok char.

Ernie, I thought I had left a post saying my DH and I would be joining the group , but I don’t see it anywhere. Anyway, we have it on our schedule, so will look forward to meeting everybody!
Thx!

OK! Could you have responded to the Chowdown email I sent out?

If there’s still room, I’d love to join!

Also, following the rule to never go to a supermarket hungry, I’m heading to Newark afterwards for the 3-6pm Chihuo night market if anyone wants to join (there are still tickets).

Plenty of room!

1 Like

Please add me to the list-this sounds like so much fun.

Added!

Yes, I’m probably on the Chowdown email, so we should stick to that reply. Sorry, my bad! No need to count us twice, LOL.