[San Francisco, Mission] Son's Addition

An impromptu trip into the city took us to an impromptu brunch at Son’s Addition, which seemed to be getting quite a lot of press these days.

Spicy corn beef hash. A little heat from the Fresno chiles livened things up. Slathered the yolk all over the hash. Nice dish. My favorite of the meal.

Photo-5649

Fried chicken sandwich with some sweet tasting slaw/ aioli combination. Pretty good. Would prefer the breading to be a little thinner.

Malted waffle. I have never have been a waffle person and still am not after the dish. The waffle and the maple syrup were all pretty clean tasting, but didn’t quite understand why the waffle was only $1 less than the hash or the sandwich.

4 Likes

I went to Son’s Addition for dinner at the bar.

I started with the Roasted Bone Marrow (with tomatillo, sea salt, garlic confit, celery heart, $18). Not sure where the tomatillo was in here. I was instructed to spread some roasted garlic on the toasted bread, top with marrow and celery, and enjoy. Really good marrow that went really well with the roasted garlic and a little celery for freshness.

Then for the main course I had the Marin Sun Farms Burger (with white cheddar, bacon-onion marmalade, iceberg lettuce, charred scallion aioli, served with fries and house dill, $17). A good burger on a sesame bun. Kind of reminded me of 4505’s burger back when they were selling them at the Ferry Plaza farmer’s market. Properly medium rare. The fries were fine.

For dessert I had the Prosecco Sabayon (with mix berry compote and brown butter streusel, $9) which was a bit like a pudding with a sweet berry sauce on the bottom and crunchy streusel bits on top.

A good dinner. The menu to me didn’t seem that adventurous to me, but everything was executed well.

More pictures:

3 Likes