RIP Chowhound

He kept on playing after pausing and chastising the guy.
This concert was legendary for causing noise complaints 5-10 miles away, even north across the river.
Good times!
:slight_smile:

…and eventually wound up getting driven to the doctor where he passed out. Glamorous it is not. Good times, we called it working our Overtime asses off :grin:. But what a story 'round the bus.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: CH archive and most memorable posts

A post was split to a new topic: CH archive and most memorable posts

Memory posts and archive is moved, please continue your discussion in the following thread.

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recreating Regular Chowhound Boards Here

I don’t think I’ve ever visited Chowhound.

I recently joined HO. I was long time CH regular, since about 1999-2000. The guys who bought it from the big dog tried to make it something it wasn’t. In it’s prime it was a great place. Yeah, there were jerks onboard, but hey, that’s life. All in all, i’ll miss it, a lot.

14 Likes

I never block anyone because my thick skin and rational attitude makes it impossible to offend me. :muscle:

2 Likes

You’ve got spunk

4 Likes

Discussing Chow or any forum is like the 4 blind guys feeling up and describing an elephant. Most of us hang out in an particular area of a forum depending on our passions. I was deeply involved in Chow France and have almost no experience with other areas. So we are each describing and lamenting the loss of very specific interest areas. But the demise of such a realistically and potentially valuable resource is sad.

10 Likes

Reported!!

2 Likes

Challenge Accepted!!! Yo’ momma so fat…(JOKE) I’m sure your mother is/was a lovely woman!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yo mama’s meatballs ain’t all that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yo moma’s meatballs are so tough Tiger Woods scored a birdie with one!!
( I saw on the news TIger got admitted to Golf HOF this morning, lol)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Good one. Here is a “gift” link, in case a paywall is a problem.

Chowhound Closes After 25 Years of Food Obsession, Wisdom and Debate

5 Likes

Wait - who the hell is “Red Ventures”? Ohhh…looks like they acquired CNET Media from ViacomCBS in 2020.

Red Ventures is an American media company and is the owner of Lonely Planet, CNET, ZDNet, TV Guide, Metacritic, GameSpot, GameFAQs, Giant Bomb, The Points Guy, and Chowhound since October 30, 2020; as well as Healthline Media since 2019 and Bankrate since 2017.

1 Like

While reading through bread recipes, I saw Food52 had written an article.

Perhaps another place to post about HO in the comment section?

7 Likes