Retailers who survey their customers

I’ve noticed an increasing number of retailers who include a survey invitation on their sales receipts: tellxyz.com.

Most have some kind of incentive available for completing the survey. Do other HOs fill out any of these surveys? Randomly? Occasionally? Always?

I admit, I’m an enthusiastic survey-taker. Probably influenced by those “make your voice heard” admonitions from my political science instructors back in the day…

This may be the first survey I’ve come across asking whether customers complete surveys. :grinning:

Answer: randomly, perhaps

5 Likes

:blush:

No. Occasionally on Amazon, Google, and Open Table, but I guess that’s different

1 Like

Sometimes. The design of many surveys makes me wonder why they bother. I do try to participate if it is to rate the employee. Many service jobs put a lot of weight on the surveys during employee evaluations.

4 Likes

No . I never see any reward to it .

1 Like

They make me wonder what might they actually do with the info. A restaurant’s own survey tends to be the worst. At least the ones contrived by the likes of OpenTable make sense.

1 Like

Same here. I don’t hang on to the paper receipts long enough to remember or have the information to follow through with the survey response.

1 Like

I always mean to . . . . but never seem to remember to do it before I lose the receipt.

2 Likes

My supermarket does it and you can take a survey every time you shop. I give them my feedback, nothing changes. And I’ve yet to win the $500 prize. It seems like everything you do gets a survey. Auto service, amazon retailer, even the doctor!

3 Likes

True, that.

We don’t have survey on sales recipes.

Seldom do that. The one time I did it. I got an email from the supermarket for a survey and feed back. I told them the razor shells they sold in the fresh seafood section were not very alive when arrived home, making impossible to rid the sand. It happened at least twice. The manager wrote back to apologise and offer a seafood of our choice for free by showing the email of the manager to the fish monger.

3 Likes

I never paid them any mind but because of this thread I just completed a WM survey. Took maybe five minutes. You do have to give your name, address, email and phone # to actually enter the sweepstake part of it, but since I’ve ordered from them online I wasn’t giving up any info they didn’t already have. It said they give away 5 - $1000 gift cards every three months and 750 - $100 cards. I figured what the heck. A $1000 gift card sure would be nice. You never know!

4 Likes

Good luck, Miss_belle!

2 Likes

I feel like entering the raffle at trader joe’s for bringing my own bag doesn’t count…?
(Someone has to win, right? It’s gotta be my turn before long!)

3 Likes

Almost never. Every once in a great while a cashier will make a point of asking me to, and then I usually do since I figure they’re probably probationary or have been urged by management to do so, but I came to realize a long time ago that my views on things like retail "experience"are definite outliers and my input isn’t likely to ever change anything for the better afaic. So it’s not worth the effort just for a chance (in hundreds of thousands at the every least) of winning a GC. (My invariable answers to the typical questions boil down to “Stop trying to psych me out. It hasn’t worked since I was eight years old, and it’s not likely to start again unless I lose my mind sufficiently that I probably won’t be buying my own groceries.:grin: Keep yourselves reasonably well stocked, reduce your everyday prices to the average of your current regular prices and (regular, rotating) sale prices, and stop with the endless “BIG SALES!” hoping that I’ll suddenly go crazy when I enter your store and buy lots of other overpriced stuff I don’t really want while I’m there…” :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

I’ve never known anyone who won. I sometimes wonder if it is for real. My location seldom even has the tickets out - you usually have to ask.

1 Like

I never ask, and only sporadically do they ask me if i want to enter the raffle which is just me writing my phone number down.
Supposedly someone wins a $25 g cert at each location every day. But then again nyc TJs daily traffic is literally thousands. On a random rainy tuesday. But ya know, hope springs eternal…!

2 Likes

My NC location has a sign indicating a weekly drawing. Back when the clerks mentioned the drawing almost everyone brought their own bags. The last few years I rarely see that. I think the mention of the drawing worked as a gentle reminder to reduce/reuse/recycle.

1 Like