Restaurant Le P'tit Plateau - in Montreal, Canada

Restaurant Le P’tit Plateau has long been one of Montreal’s best BYOB ‘apportez votre vin’ restaurants, specializing in the cuisine of the South West of France.

I have had many wonderful meals there over the last few years, and did not consider a visit to Montreal complete without an evening at P’tit Plateau.

After about twenty years it changed hands in December 2015, but has apparently kept the culinary focus the same.

Has anyone been recently? What were your impressions?

I will answer my own question as I had the pleasure of eating at Restaurant Le P’tit Plateau this past week-end (18 March 2017).

The menu is very much the same as before it changed hands, but the food was still delicious and up to the previous high standards. The main courses that I sampled included the braised lamb shank, salmon, and duck breast stuffed with foie gras and duck confit.

The service was impeccable with the same two long-standing servers running the front of the house. In addition to Chef Dan, who took over in December 2015, the only new face I saw was that of the the sous-chef.

In summary, despite a change in chef-owner, Restaurant Le P’tit Plateau remains one of the jewels of the Montreal BYOB dining scene.