Red Bank redux version 2.0 [NJ]

At 530 you simply roll the dice and don’t pay lol.

Is the farmers market going on now in the galleria parking lot? I need some of those “hot n sweet” pickle chips…yum

So I think some local smoke might be the call tonight :slight_smile: my uncle wants to get some bbq. Maybe I’ll splurge and spend twice as much at surf lol

I work in Lawrenceville. Please share.

Do you? My son is at Rider, I’m in the area frequently. FYI There is a Tasty Sub’s there which is originally from my hometown of Edison, good stuff!! (yes please do share @VikingKaj I would like to know also)

Here is my dish and I make this at home. I call it the wrecker. Fittingly, this place could call it the red bank wrecker!

1/2 sub which is good for two, or one hungry dude:

Generous amount or pork roll, thinly sliced and well done
4 slices thick cut Applewood bacon (hormel, Oscar mayer or smithfield…nothing too fancy )
6 slices Canadian bacon
4 eggs
6 slices deli yellow American
2 hash browns or some vk tater tits.
Freshly cracked black pepper
Toasted Sub roll
Possibly a little Franks depending on my morning

You could even whiz on it a little if desired lol. I have yet to whiz on this sandwich but I can’t imagine it being bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

Gotta love them totties !!!

Review here:

Ah yes…just commented.

Does anyone have any good cheese steak spots in rb? New corner has a half decent one but I usually take it home and add more cheese, then toast.

Umbertos has a passable one too in fair haven.

Has anyone been to ayce eat taco night on Tuesday at 10th Ave burrito in belmar? Im more of a “quality over quantity” guy with tacos, but this sounds fun. I’m sure it’s a zoo but I might try it soon. Also, they opened a spot in RB but I heard it changed names/owners. Is anything good going on there?

1 Like

Wow, all you can eat dirty hippy tacos:

http://www.tenthaveburrito.com/menu.html

If that doesn’t remind you of the 60’s I don’t know what will…

I’m not saying it will be great, but with a few beverages in me, it might be a fun spot. I was at this sports bar recently and they had 6 different hot sauces they made. They brought them out in a six pack container and man, what a cool experience trying different combos. It would be cool to have something like that here!

Speaking of taco’s I got the duck taco’s at Woody’s not too long ago. They were rather dry which really surprised me with duck, tasty but dry.

Tacos = MOGO. And BYOB

I’ve been to the taco night. I’m gonna start by saying I have weird taco preferences. I went one time for Taco night and had 2 of every taco that’s available. None of the tacos made me want to return for more. But then again I’ve felt that way about everything 10th Ave makes. People seem to love it but I just don’t find it particularly appealing. I think it’s worth a try though, it’s definitely a quality product, the atmosphere is fun and the price is very reasonable.

Tacos seem to be gaining in popularity. I see them at somewhat higher end places and prices are ridiculous. I’m not throwing down 20 bucks for two tacos.

Maybe check out beach tavern in Monmouth beach. They have half price taco night one weekday. For full price I’d be unhappy, but at half the cost, it’s not bad. The venue is quite nice and last time I had some pulled pork tacos which were tasty. These are more “artisan” tacos over traditional mexican ones (which you probably realize.)

EXACTLY!!!

$20. for a chicken francaise with 8oz. of chicken
$20. for a chicken and pasta dish with 6oz. of chicken
$20 for two tacos with 4 oz of chicken in it!

As a restaurant owner which would you rather be serving!?!?!

Wait you’re telling me the tacos pictured are 10$ each normally? Wow. That’s like Michelin star pricing. These are the worst and most expensive tacos I’ve personally had. It was a travesty. https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/b2-bistro-and-bar-red-bank?select=T8kUsl_Bu_RwEoBumRldxQ

Right now these are the tacos of my choice: https://www.tacobell.com/food/tacos/double-stacked-tacos-cool-habanero

But I think my all time favorite is tripas tacos at any old Mexican place. Something about how they get the intestine really crispy just works so well in a taco. Mmm.

1 Like

I had to look it up online. They are 5 per taco…my mistake. I think they make they specifically for Tuesday night so I don’t think they are half price…just a special.

I wish TB would actually make some spicy tacos/stuff.

And yeah jr, I hear you. Some of these chicken dishes are outrageous. I can’t remember the last time I ordered chicken as an entree because it is so overpriced in restaurants (unless I’m getting something cheap like Mexican)

The only thing at 10th Ave that I’ve enjoyed multiple times is their corn chowder. Good kick, and I don’t have to make it myself! :slight_smile:

Best bargain on high end tacos are at The Frog and The Peach happy hour. Normally reasonably priced, the half price happy hour ones are a steal.

Never had their corn chowder! People seem to really love their wings also and worth a try.

@corvette_johnny Their habanero sauce is actually pretty tasty. It’s not a packet, but goes on their cool hab tacos. Yum.